Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi troops I'm sure this has been covered but I cant find anything .just a wee question. Is it worth the extra expense and bother to change over to engine ice coolant .I have a 2003 zx12r
Cheers john .

·
Registered
290 Posts
No. Just add water wetter to your coolant. Cheaper & easier.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can order it on Amazon, Engine Ice. I bought 3 jugs of it. Took 1.5 to fill completely from empty after flushing. So I will have another fill when I change this out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can order it on Amazon, Engine Ice. I bought 3 jugs of it. Took 1.5 to fill completely from empty after flushing. So I will have another fill when I change this out.
Thanks for the info Evans Water free coolant is expensive so I won't change it until I absolutely have to 😅

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the info Evans Water free coolant is expensive so I won't change it until I absolutely have to 😅

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Engine ice swapped into my bike, and it ran noticably cooler.

I tried Water Wetter. It actually coagulated in the cooling system. Came out like a jelly clumpy substance. Was added into fresh green coolant and distilled water. Wasn't pretty. Took forever the get it all cleaned out. Plus, it did not make any difference in city or highway riding, and not at all in stop n go.

Engine ice in, never heard the fan kick on unless it was a stupid hot day. Stayed 1 bar over middle or half all the time.

My $0.02 on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts