Kawasaki World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to chase down where it is coming from, I have a mechanics stethoscope to pinpoint the location and it appears to be coming from the fuel injectors. Everywhere I checked on the engine casing is normal although the clutch is noisy. When I put it on the throttle body ( engine side ) it is where the knock seems to be coming from. I was surprised how noisy the injectors are with the scope against them. Is it possible the injectors are the source oh wise ones?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mate, could You make a video?
Doubt I could capture the sound over the running engine, I watched a video on this forum where the guy tried to capture the sound , didn't work. It is faint, isn't there until it warms up, and the bike runs good

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Fuel injectors make noise. They tick, and if you have a scope on them, it will be loud. If this is the only place you have found a noise, then don't worry about it.

Big end is like deep knocks. They got bass. Top end is more tinny, and metallic. Timing chain is a rattle.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I will go over the bike again today with fresh ears I really appreciate your advice thanks for taking the time to respond

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just something worth looking at, back when I had my 00 years ago, I had a light laydown with it. After the lay down the bike sounded like there was a woodpecker inside. Turns out the culprit was one of the sparkplugs not firing because the coil / connection to the coil was loose.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just something worth looking at, back when I had my 00 years ago, I had a light laydown with it. After the lay down the bike sounded like there was a woodpecker inside. Turns out the culprit was one of the sparkplugs not firing because the coil / connection to the coil was loose.
I had not thought to check that thank you I will have a look at them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts