Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I was on this forum and got some info about the oil pipes in the engine block with a photo showing the difference, the A model pipes were almost twice as narrow as the B model.
Does anyone know from which model year the wider pipes started and if they are a straight swap with the narrow A model pipes

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Trans gets tons of oil. Kzscott restricts oil flow to the trans in 500hp turbo 12s. Have to keep it on the crank and rods.
the B model with the bigger tubes also has a different oil pan. The pans do not interchange. The pins cast into the pan that hold the oil tubes are different heights.
I think 03 is the first year.

cmg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trans gets tons of oil. Kzscott restricts oil flow to the trans in 500hp turbo 12s. Have to keep it on the crank and rods.
the B model with the bigger tubes also has a different oil pan. The pans do not interchange. The pins cast into the pan that hold the oil tubes are different heights.
I think 03 is the first year.

cmg
Don't know if we're talking about the same pipes, The larger pipes were to get more oil in the top of the engine block, from what the guy said the A model at high revs can have a problem getting enough oil up there. From what remember from the photo they were the same length but admittidly there were no measurements given.
The pipes were an elongated C shape. I can't remember the guys name who posted it, I'll trawl the history of the zx12r forum see if I can find it

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The oil tube between the block and the head?

there are three pipes that feed the trans and one from the block to the head.

zx11 had some piping issues that cooked crankshafts? I think someone put together a kit to fix it.

cmg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil tube between the block and the head?

there are three pipes that feed the trans and one from the block to the head.

zx11 had some piping issues that cooked crankshafts? I think someone put together a kit to fix it.

cmg
Then it's the one to the head I thought there were 2 but I'm working from a vague memory 😅 old age creeping in 🙈.
Havent found the guys name yet he was a regular on here but can't find a name that springs out that I think might be him

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The photo of the 2 pipes side by side the internal diameter of new one looked about twice as wide as the old one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts