Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a women ran a stop sign and took me out. I want to rebuild the zx12. Need almost everything. Frame and forks to start. 6602320349

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there

I'm breaking my 2002 front and back end. If you need bits let me know only problem is I'm in Ireland so postage on big items would be big. Keeping the frame and rest of the bike.

Hope your alright if the bike is that bad.

Paudie

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Purchase a new bike. You're going to have way more into piecing one together than you would just buying a used one. Then you will know what shape all the pieces are in. Building a Frankenstein bike, you never know what shape the frame is in.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Purchase a new bike. You're going to have way more into piecing one together than you would just buying a used one. Then you will know what shape all the pieces are in. Building a Frankenstein bike, you never know what shape the frame is in.
Kinda depends... if he is wanting factory fairings then yes, cost will shoot up. Buying used is a crap shoot, may have to go thru motor, wiring, rectifier, suspension etc.

Building from scratch you know what you have if you start with a good frame, and can also add upgrades along the way.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes, but what most do not know, an engine will be more than the bike is worth. A tank is at least 400.00, cheap Chinese fairings are 500, wheels, the list goes on. Just doesn't make sense when he says he needs everything.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
From his initial description I am guessing the engine, tank and rear of bike would be usable... from a typical front collision.

My A1 was lowsided off the road, hit the side of a ditch, launched into and over a t-post then tumbled couple hundred feet into a field.... this started at triple digits from what I am told.

frame/forks were crunched, engine wheels tank and swingarm survived fine other than a side cover on the engine... exhaust was even destroyed

I rebuilt a TL1000 with worse damage

Best bet is to take a real hard look at what he has and go from there. If it starts and runs it is half the battle; the way our tanks mount it is hard to damage them to the point of tossing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Different people do different things I guess. See if it were me and wrecked that bad, I would toss it. All the parts are compromised from such an impact. Might not look like it at first, but they are. Sounds like a bad wreck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts