Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
actually I was thinking about muffler change, just for upcoming season, somethin more gp style.
Got Akrapovic Ti headers, and while my thoughts was around muffler, I ask my self a question about exhaust diameter.
I was conficed that Akrap is most decent choice for 12, but for how long. I mean till when the 51mm diameter of header outlet is enough?
For stock bone motor with pc and filter is enough, but for higher capacity or higher compession ratio with ignition change, is this still good?

I know they use in WSBK from 60mm to 65mm conection diameter. How You fell about it?

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
51 at the muffler is on the small side. 57 is normal on a lot of high performance na stuff. we go to 63 or more on turbo stuff

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Scott. Henry Im talking about the opening out of the collector at the mid pipe.
Need to check today what exactly diamater I have.

Would like to leave akra headers and change merge collector with link pipe to muffler.
Actually I got 51 to 63 muffler outlet. Would like to change for 57mm.

One more thing is how You can compare bigger diameter to less restrictive or no muffler at all.

Got PCIII with Muzzy map (fuel&ignition), Muzzy yellow stacks, K&N filters, headwork done with milled head, 13.5 compression.
How You feel about it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts