Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to custom fab a Jardine GP1 slip on exhaust to fit my stock zx12 header and get rid of the god awful huge muzzy can that i have installed now... does anyone know of anybody that has done this before, or even if the pipes are the same size or if its doable at all... any info will help thanks!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's gonna be a waste of time and money and very little performance.. Go a full system and you will be much happier.. It may even feel like a whole diffrent bike when the performance is up from a full system

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you like the jardine, you can still use but do just get a aftermarket header and use that. I have asked alot of exhasut questions on here and first thing I was told pretty much is to ditch the fatory header is really restrictive!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want to spend the money on a full system at the moment nor do i have the cash to do that and the power commander, i just want to get rid of the huge can thats on the bike now...i love the look of the jardine and got a good deal on the power commander so i was just hoping i could fab something up to look good with the jardine slip on, and get rid of my lean pops when i let off the throttle at mid range rpms with the power commander... but i guess its back to savin a little more money cause i would rather do it right than half ass it lol

im actually really new to the zx12 is there any big things i should know before i start moding the bike? thanks for your help

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm also new to the 12 but not liter bikes in general. This is my first fuel injected one tho.. I'm learning as you are about this beast we own..

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you like the jardine, you can still use but do just get a aftermarket header and use that. I have asked alot of exhasut questions on here and first thing I was told pretty much is to ditch the fatory header is really restrictive!! :thumbup:
Hi, where is the stock pipe restrictive, in the mid pipe, it seems pretty open the rest of the way?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi, where is the stock pipe restrictive, in the mid pipe, it seems pretty open the rest of the way?
I couldnt get into detail about it, I was just passing along what I was told by some of the racers, tuners, techs which ever they were on this site when I asked some exhaust questions :thumbup:

If you really wanna know I would contact KZScott, Warp12, Shiphteey they would probably be able to explain why to ya :crazyloco:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I couldnt get into detail about it, I was just passing along what I was told by some of the racers, tuners, techs which ever they were on this site when I asked some exhaust questions :thumbup:

If you really wanna know I would contact KZScott, Warp12, Shiphteey they would probably be able to explain why to ya :crazyloco:
Thanks for the reply. No problem, just curious, the stock header with the Scorpion slip on does plenty well for me right now. I have the Muzzy system when I get ambitious.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks for the reply. No problem, just curious, the stock header with the Scorpion slip on does plenty well for me right now. I have the Muzzy system when I get ambitious.
Muzzy!! Now your going to have to deal with a low end flat spot :crackup:

Just givin ya crap, you probably wont even know its there, but KZScott has a tuned map for the PC that deals with that flat spot pretty good fyi :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Install the pipe. Do you need more pop? That is nature running back in called back-inn is right back in you mess with 14.7 psi.

9 pounds of heat about to explode. That [hot] air bubble is now headed out the pipe. That means 14.7 is about to be pushed out. Once that valve closes, there is no more push out the pipe.

14.7 is headed back in the pipe. You have to slow down the valve action slow you can see the wave come back in called back in she goes 14.7 key-pop! Heat meets the>1atmo-temp and does that not ring heat transfer? Thunder: are two clouds colliding?> One cold front full of H2Oh look, it's raining and I just was (BOOM) Is that thunder I hear farther down the hotter sun bake?

You lift and did that 14.7 help {[POP] with the suckiss backiss pressure is coming to a pipe near you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if the d&d slip on looks like a voodoo or jardine style slip on i would be interested but my better judgement says its a can...thanks anyway though

and yes im in groton ct, why do you ask?

thanks for the replies guys

·
Registered
84 Posts
if the d&d slip on looks like a voodoo or jardine style slip on i would be interested but my better judgement says its a can...thanks anyway though

and yes im in groton ct, why do you ask?

thanks for the replies guys

Cause I'm an hour and half away close to Waterbury and I could give you one. It's just sitting in the garage. I have a muzzy race pipe on now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Install the pipe. Do you need more pop? That is nature running back in called back-inn is right back in you mess with 14.7 psi.

9 pounds of heat about to explode. That [hot] air bubble is now headed out the pipe. That means 14.7 is about to be pushed out. Once that valve closes, there is no more push out the pipe.

14.7 is headed back in the pipe. You have to slow down the valve action slow you can see the wave come back in called back in she goes 14.7 key-pop! Heat meets the>1atmo-temp and does that not ring heat transfer? Thunder: are two clouds colliding?> One cold front full of H2Oh look, it's raining and I just was (BOOM) Is that thunder I hear farther down the hotter sun bake?

You lift and did that 14.7 help {[POP] with the suckiss backiss pressure is coming to a pipe near you!
Hubz i love your posts i have not been on this forum long and every time i read your replies i cant help but laugh !
Good work dude .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LMR if your trying to give a pipe away ill take it off your hands lol...ill actually be in cromwell tomorrow gettin tattooed if you wanna meet me somewhere or give me your address, or we could get together another time...doesnt matter to me...thanks for the hospitality brother

·
Registered
84 Posts
I get off work at 4:30. When were you going to be in Cromwell? 203-233-4801 I got the slip on D&D plus an older style pipe that you would need to replace the silencer on
but cheaper then a new one.They are yours for free,I'm old school, besides I'm a shellback.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
its the primery pipes that make a big differance to stock vr's aftermarket
ding ding ding

stock pipes are small

Hindle step tube

1.5in OD tapering to 1.75

Brocks SW

same sizes just bent more

Muzzy street pipe 1.5 OD stepping to 1.6 OD

Muzzy SW 1.6 OD to the collector