Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exhaust systems are getting hard to find for the zx12r. I have a 2003 zx12r and i was wondering if anyone is selling or know where i can find a ti arata or akra full system for my bike.

·
Registered
204 Posts
KZScott might still have a used Muzzy system..I was going to buy it before financial issues prevented me...It's not an akra but Muzzy makes good stuff! PM him...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2003 as well...I'm gonna be ordering a Akra carbon from these guys:

Rider's Discount (616) 931-6644 part no. 18010247...It's priced @1,290

ask for Chris he's at x810

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I do. Full Muzzy system for $300. i used it for 2 yrs with good results. it bumped my speed in the 1/4 from 135s to 147s and one 148mph on a stock motor, so it makes a pretty good increase in power over stock with the proper mapping. i have posted the map i used on the forum various times and its still available to anyone who wants to try it.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I would look on E-Bay for the Hindle Step Exhaust which makes about the Most Power Low, Middle and High and a lot less than the Country CLub / Boutique Exhaust Akra, Arata that are Beautiful to look at but do not make more power than the step Hindle! (Also a little quieter also!)

Street & Competition is the Distributor so look there also

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I would look on E-Bay for the Hindle Step Exhaust which makes about the Most Power Low, Middle and High and a lot less than the Country CLub / Boutique Exhaust Akra, Arata that are Beautiful to look at but do not make more power than the step Hindle! (Also a little quieter also!)

Street & Competition is the Distributor so look there also
Who let the proletariat into this thread? :thefinger::nana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you should go to the kawiforum and check category "for sale parts". I also searched recently google where to buy silverado exhaust systems, so i know how it's difficult to find the right part. thanks god i chose exhaust on resource.
i saw on kawi forum was something like this selling
1 Muzzy Titanium header,
1 Muzzy Titanium mid-pipe,
1 Muzzy Stainless Steel muffler
1 PC3

·
Registered
25,324 Posts
In case anyone is looking for exhaust parts for a 2000, I have a full stock system in o.k. condition (not pristine), & a set of Akra Titanium headers nice... I bought the headers as spare, because I'm running a Titanium/Carbon Akra system on my bike. If any interest, call & leave message - 270.871.7584

·
Registered
18,665 Posts
In case anyone is looking for exhaust parts for a 2000, I have a full stock system in o.k. condition (not pristine), & a set of Akra Titanium headers nice... I bought the headers as spare, because I'm running a Titanium/Carbon Akra system on my bike. If any interest, call & leave message - 270.871.7584
How much for the header?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,324 Posts
How much for the header?

Hey, Slider!!
I don't remember what I paid for the header set, but I think it was $400... I know the laws of supply & demand apply here, & I truly don't know what I've got... Make me an offer? I'll get off my ass tomorrow & shoot a couple pix, if that will help... I have your email [email protected]... Is that still a good contact?

·
Registered
18,665 Posts
Hey, Slider!!
I don't remember what I paid for the header set, but I think it was $400... I know the laws of supply & demand apply here, & I truly don't know what I've got... Make me an offer? I'll get off my ass tomorrow & shoot a couple pix, if that will help... I have your email [email protected]... Is that still a good contact?
I'm cheap.

·
Registered
25,324 Posts
AAAKK!! 😲😲
I lied to you!! These header pipes are stainless, not Ti... I opened the box for the first time today (I bought them about 10 years ago for spares, & just put the box on the shelf)... I was TOLD they were Ti - Guess not... Sorry - I didn't mean to mislead... Anyway, they're in new condition - Still interested, or no?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,665 Posts
After putting the Corbin seat on it where I can ride it for longer than an hour before I can't set down, I really enjoy it. The Akrapovic header made it snarl and definitely freed up some power. Need to get a tune for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts