Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting on my Muzzy SS system this weekend and I wanted to know if I should change the exhaust gaskets. Has anyone had any problems in this area.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Turn them over and reuse the gaskets. If you tighten them to specs..you should have no problems reusing.
Post some pics when your done...we love pics. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Jus...what year 12 do you have?...It's easier when you remove the radiator, but extra work...The Muzzy aluminum fans are my recommendation while your in there...

While you have the exhaust off, take off the bottom bolt of the height links and switch the bolt around incase you ever want to put on lowering links!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Crotch Rocket has a good point.............TURN THOSE DAMN BOLTS AROUND !!!! I put lowering links on mine and had one muther effin time gettin those bolts out with the exhaust on.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an '02. And I have purchased the fans and block off plates. I was going to do everything at once. I have already slammed the bike with adjustable links and I did switch the bolt around. I found that out the hard too. I was just did not want to be changing the exhaust gaskets later if they leak that is why I was wandering if I should change them when I install the exhaust.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Definately do it all at once!!!...Change the anti freeze and add RedLine Water Wetter also!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what do you guys think about changing the gaskets? And how does water wetter work anyway. I have engine ice in the bike now but I have not noticed a difference. I believe it is due to the fact that I lowered the bike and the air flow to the radiator is cut off just a little.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you can get the exhaust gaskets in time for the pipe change then do it!!!...Cant go wrong with new gaskets...If not then do what Blitz said, and put a thin layer of greese on the side that goes into the head so they stick on...That way you can put the header pipes into the head!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you can get the exhaust gaskets in time for the pipe change then do it!!!...Cant go wrong with new gaskets...If not then do what Mono said, and put a thin layer of greese on the side that goes into the head so they stick on...That way you can put the header pipes into the head!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you can get the exhaust gaskets in time for the pipe change then do it!!!...Cant go wrong with new gaskets...If not then do what Mono said, and put a thin layer of grease on the side that goes into the head so they stick on...That way you can put the header pipes into the head!!!

CrotchRocket

G

·
0 Posts
exhaust

I just installed my exhaust 6 weeks ago and had the same question. the replies I received were split 50/50 between new gaskets and reuse old ones. SInce I was able to get the gaskets from my dealer by the time my exhaust was due to arrive, I went ahead and used new ones...piece of mind.

Doctor Green

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe that I am going to put new ones on.
Hey CrotchRocket, what is water wetter and how does it work. Could you tell the difference.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Its an additive that helps vehicles run cooler...Its basically the same as what you have in it already...

CrotchRocket

1 - 14 of 14 Posts