Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my f.i light is on all of a sudden on a quick 1 block ride,i immediatly came home & i unhooked the power commander thinking it was that,but it is still on.i unhooked the battery to reset things and kept the p.c off,still no go,light is on.as far as i know bike idles and starts,but after hearing the past horror story's with f.i lights on and power commanders i'm afraid to drive it,but it does seem to start right up o.k and idle good,i just cannot say how she will run under heavy throttle on the road.should i drive it and see?dam biktoberfest this wekend with plans and i'm screwed.fella's i need some input here,i have done everything i can,as per the manual.bike is basically stock,except the,p.c, full header,
kleen air and bmc's.any suggestions here?thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Did you get the code from the ECU via the DFI section of the service manual??? Should tell you right away what it is..

Let me know if you need some pointers..

Boostable

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fi light

no.the light is just on,and stays on.thats all i know right now.i know for my car i have a code box,and it beeps so many times for each code #.
do i need a code box to see what code it is for the bike?or can i get the code some other way?(i need a better manual).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fi

where is that wire for self diagnostic?what do i touch to get the codes?

G

·
0 Posts
Yes.. its in the tail section of the bike..

Looking from the back of the bike it is on the right side.

Just need to ground that wire in the order it tells you to. Anywhere on the frame will work fine..

Hope that helps..

Boostable

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fi light on/solved

finally got the code out.atmospheric pressure sensor.seems another rider on bikeland had the same problem as me recently,anyway lets hope its just coincidence as i said and these dont start dying on everyone.
Ynot and boost,thanks for the .02..
mach.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
atmos.press.sensor.

almost $100.00 for a part as big as a quarter!i noticed the air pressure sensor and the at.press sensor have the same part #21176-1095.strange..
Only 8k miles and already 2 sensors have failed on me.dealers given me shit cuz i have a p.c111,like that had anything to do with the atmospheric pressure sensor takin a crap..small towns suck,cuz they gotcha buy the goonies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts