Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. so today i opened her up to see why sometimes the fuel pump prime and other times not. i thought its a fuel prime issue but not to sure anymore as when i switch the ignition on and the F1 light does not come on then the fuel also dont prime. but in the realay housing if i bridge the wire to the white under the pump then it pumps. so i think it might be ECU relaited. also the plug under the fuel pump has a wire going to ground bolted to the pump cover. theres two other wires red black and yellow red just closed with unsilution tape not connected is that right?

SORRY for this long paragraph but trying to be clear.

so while shes opend i thought ill check the charging. to my suprise theres nothing. so me being clever and all by reading here i remember the stator plug. opened it up after a struggle its been burned badly. soldered it all up still no charging. what would you suggest changing the rectifier or the stator please not both as everything in SA is overboard expensive.

thanks to all you kawariders in advance..

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
The fuel pump will only prime when the bike is in neutral or the clutch is pulled. If you turn the key on with the bike in gear, it will not prime. It's designed that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts