Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried installing the gauges from Graphic Art Moto Design. How was the installation process and how well does the 220 speedo work on the 2002.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Roy (slvr12) has them. Easy to install. A yellow box will be needed if you
want to use a 220 speedo, and then you will only accumulate .8 miles for every mile you ride. If you gear your bike lower than stock, the 28% correction factor of the yellow box will not be able to compenasate.
I am geared 17/47, with a 220 speedo from Superdials, I read about
3-4 mph high with the yellow box set at 28%.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are you saying that I can never get the bike calibrated correctly. I am only concerned with the odometer more than I am the speedo. I have both the yellow box and the faces but I have not put them on yet. Any recommendations or helpful hints.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
The yellow box was designed to correct the speedometer.
In this case you could adjust it to have the odometer register
the proper miles riden, but your speedo will be way off.

Somewhere around 15% off!!!!!

If you change your stock gauges for a 220 ( see photo)

Your indicated speed is going to be at least 10 mph off. If you adjust the yellow box to compensate for this difference, then your odometer will be off, reading low.

Throw in a gear change and that complicates things further.

If you have stock gears, or 2.70 or Higher final gear ratio, I believe it is possible to have your indicated speed to be correct.
But, your odometer will be off, reading low. This is not entirely
a bad thing if you think about it.
I do not know how to change to a 220 speedo, and have both speedo and odometer read correctly. That will require more mods than a yellow box.

·
Registered
690 Posts
stock

There's definetely something to be said for stock.I never really "needed" to mod mine. I was very happy with mine before the Akro,pc.......

But I don't mind it now either! :D

Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
superdials

Superdials can re-programme your 185 mph clocks to run with 220 mph face gauges but you need to send them the complete unit .Not very handy if you live stateside .

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The gauges are very easy to install(center bolt of gauges is a little tricky)

I love mine, i have the brushed aluminum ones....

I also have ayellow box and my speedo is dead accurate, tested with police radar!

put them on!

Roy

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Dawg, they are lit with the stock bulbs. The superdials are on a yellow plexiglass type material. They are yellowish at night, and very clear.
They are 100 times better than the stockers at night.
I have tried to get a good pic, but I just can't capture how they look at night.....

Best pic I could get so far...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Would liek to post a pic of my GAMD dials for you, but ..... "I don't have the powwwer Captain"

Where is Tremor when you need him. :) He's got my pics.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Dawg, it may be possible to change the color by changing the bulbs,
I'm not sure. But remember, on the Superdials, the gauges are mated to yellow plexiglass material. I don't know how well that would work with colored bulbs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts