Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm... Was out for a blast tonight and stopped for a coffee, and ended up talking tires with a guy on a Busa who told me that the BT011F is the cat's ass for the heavier super-sports, as it's sidewalls are stronger than those on the 010, thereby giving it better wear and superior resistance to cupping.

I just finished checking into it on the Bridgestone website, and while I cannot find anything to that effect, they do list the 011 (as opposed to the 010) as the replacement front tire for the 12.

Can anyone confirm this, or is this guy just like his Busa - all talk and no action...

</p>

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Just my opinion... Stongerr means just that... May last longer but I would think stronger is a harder rubber compound which also would be losing performance.. Face it best performance will probably come from a softer compound tire.. My dad always told me this and it applys here I think.. You can't have both Gas milage or horsepower.. Its hard to have both performance and endurance...Just my opinion.... And I am not an expert....

Our lips met passionately in the dark... And then...... She closed her legs and broke my glasses......</p>

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Richard, I thought about that... But I guess the story is they are the same soft tread compound as the 010, but the sidewalls are considerably stronger... Maybe made with a stronger rubber on the sidewalls only? Is that even possible...??

</p>

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I think it is possible...... I have been working for racersupply.com latley and have been messing with alot of tires on track days.... Having changed a few hundred tires in the last couple months I have drawn the person conclusion that if they were made as actual street tire they are going to be a little harder for endurance purposes.... The soft race tires I can feel a HUGE difference in.... I hadn't messed with many tires before the last two months... But this is the conclusion I have drawn after messing with both.... Some of the street tires are hard as hell when taking them off.... The heat cycling that racers worry about is cause they run them so hard so long.... And they stiffen up some thru heat cycling but on the street I doubt anyone is going to run them that hard that long like an 8 lap race not bringing them up to full race temps.... Like I said this is just my beliefs... I put a full race takeoff slick on my bike... One that the racer wouldn't run anymore..... My bike has never gripped better........... No it wants to wash out in the front due to the Dunslop street tire on the front.... Find a used race compound tire and give it a shot....

Our lips met passionately in the dark... And then...... She closed her legs and broke my glasses......</p>

G

·
0 Posts
If you scroll down a bit, you will find a thread I started on this very subject. BT010, BT011F, etc.

Bottom line is that Bridegestone wont reveal the exact differences between the various BT010s and the BT011F, but suffice it to say they are constructed differently. Mainly in terms of beads and carcasses.

The BT011F is the proper tire for the ZX12, not the BT010.

There are several different BT010s in case your going that route. So, when your order a BT010 and dont specify anything specific, one time it may last a whole lot longer than the next time. There are differences, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. What the differences are, I cant say and neither will Bridgestone.

Good luck, cause I know I am confused as hell on this matter as well. I simply ordered BT010 (front and rear) and whatever I got, I put on. Hell of an improvement over the Dunlop 207 OEM tire in terms of grip, and roadfeel in my opinion. Only have couple hundred miles on the BT010s so I cant comment on wear.

</p>

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I've got the 011F fitted to mine. Cannot fault it! Completely planted wet or dry. Pushed it really hard on my track day (wet and dry) and rode it clean off the sidewalls! (see pics in the post of my track day report). Will definately recommend it and it will be the only one on my bike from now on in!
Wearing very well, reckon I'll get good mileage as well!
Regards
Ted

</p>

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the insight... I am already running an 010 front, and when I pooch it, I am going to try the 011F - for shits and giggles if nothing else...

</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts