Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems to be a lot of questions regarding the oem setup lately so here ya go, section 5 of the factory service manual

·
Super Moderator
4,315 Posts
Nice contribution KZ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
if you are retarded like me, clean up a nice spot on the pressure plate with some degreaser, then grab a permanent marker and write down the proper stack height. no more running back to the computer to double check!!!

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea with marking the pressure plate.
I put this in the racing area because this section is kinda dead, it will be on page 1 for a long time, plus the title should turn up when someone is searching for clutch info

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
this thread should seriously be a sticky
Good idea... There's a lot more threads that need to be collected into a "Tech Section"... I'm talking to the home office about getting that set-up... :king::king:

Till then, I'll make this a sticky!! :squint::squint:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ok I figured out how to make the Clutch hub removal tool out of old steels but what are you guys using for the Clutch gear setting tool? shown on page 5-10? or where can I buy one?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i've never used one. just some wiggling to get it out, then put in the needle bearing/cage with the basket, and the collar last.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just wondering if this is for ALL 12's ? im getting ready to install my new clutch in a few minutes and just wanted to check if this is guide can be used on a 2002 zx-12r. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts