Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

A few weeks ago, i had a problem with a sluggish at 8000 rpm... Did a real good clean on the fuel pump and the filters .... But as someone told me... it would happen again... Was ridding about 250 km p/h, and it wouldn't go faster... put one down, than up, and it kicked like a turbo... going to 290 km p/h... So what can i do? Change the pump ? The inside filter ? Do a inline ?

Who can help me out? I have been seeing these pump kits... Which one is the best?

Walbro GSS341 255LPH High Performance Electric Fuel Pump in Tank | eBay

Kawasaki zx12r ZX1200 Ninja EFI 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 Fuel Pump Kit | eBay

New Replacement Fuel Pump 2000 2005 Kawasaki zx12r ZX 12R ZX1200 ZX12 | eBay

New High Performance Fuel Pump for Kawasaki Ninja ZX 12R ZX1200 2000 2006 | eBay

Thanks

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
gss242

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
none of those will fix your problem the filter will still be in line even though you change the pump, you will still have the problems you have to get creative and either cut the filter out and re glue the housing together or cut the housing up and remove filter add some hose and some clamps and an inline filter good luck Craig

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have just done the exact thing on my 12 as I was having the same problem. I bought a new pump and inline filter with some hose and a few hose clamps I cut open the original black filter housing in the middle and removed the filter, glued the unit back together (make sure you use strong fuel resistant stuff), connect the new pump and everything as it was, use a large hose clamp to secure the original regulator to the original black housing and mount a FI rated inline filter under the tank on the left (for easy access in the future). you will also need to reroute the original fuel line to the filters position and get a decent length of fuel line to connect up to the tank making sure it doesn't pinch when you lower the tank.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Buy a Walbro GSS242... it's 190lph and very easy to install. NOT a direct bolt in, but takes very little work. You have to grind the metal mounting tab off the bottom of the OEM zx12 fuel pump housing in order to fit the Walbro pump and filter sock. When installing the whole assembly just pay attention that you don't pinch the sock between the fuel pump housing and the tank...Then you use a hose clamp, with a piece of fuel hose (use the one from the install kit) as an insulator to help clamp down the fuel pump. For the wiring that comes with the install kit, you just have to crimp on eyelets on each end then hook to the same positions the factory wiring was. Easy peasy. I had mine done in 30 minutes...

Walbro GSS242 pump...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BT1C6H4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Walbro 400-812 install kit...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDCQKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
As a caveat, if you are bypassing the OEM in-tank filter, just make sure to use 5/16" EFI fuel line that is also rated to be submersible.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
as Hibs said make sure the fuel line is submersible I found that out the hard way if its not the line turns to jelly, and thanks Hibs for increasing my vocabulary "caveat" im going to find a use for that today and guys don't forget to add what model bike you have when seeking help as different models have different bits, the pump housing being one of them, " A " model bikes have the pressure regulator on the fuel rail of the injectors ''B " models have it at the pump Craig

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
This could be your first caveat!!

guys don't forget to add what model bike you have when seeking help as different models have different bits, the pump housing being one of them, " A " model bikes have the pressure regulator on the fuel rail of the injectors ''B " models have it at the pump Craig

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Wow been using it all along just didn't know it had a name, im more cleverer than I thought, not bad for an old prick (turn 53 on the 7th) hows the rain situation down south Duck00 in Queensland where we are from its as dry as a nuns pu**y the grass is starting to follow the dogs around hoping to get pissed on have a great day guys Craig

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Weather's dry and hot!

Good info on the upgraded fuel pump, I don't need one...yet...but if so this sort of info is very handy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts