Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around here, fleeing is a felony. So, as the pursuing officer, do you rip the guy off the bike when he finally stops. Let the bike topple over? Let him take his helmet off? I'm thinking that if I ever were to run and then give up, I'm parking it far enough from the road block to get off the bike and get my helmet off. My buddy rode right up to the road block and said he would never do that again. Scratched bike and trashed face shield on his helmet.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
There's a ton of adrenaline in a pursuit, on both sides of the coin. If you don't want your bike and you thrown to the ground when you decide to stop, after eluding the police, I would suggest that you propmtly park it and then lay down on the ground with your hands out to your side, palms up. If you just stop and remain on the bike, there's a real good chance that you are going to get pounched upon and I doubt the officer will care at all about the welfare of your bike. Depends alot upon the individual officer as to what actions he takes when he approaches you.

Scott W,

·
Registered
759 Posts
Everyone knows that your not suppose to run from the Police...

So, what ever happens could have been prevented if you just pulled over and took the Summons like a man!!!...Thus saving yourself lots of money in repairs, Lawyer fees, summons cost and additional Insurance cost due to possible license suspension!!!

Remember, details and outcome vary from state to state!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy is a 20 year old kid. They weren't even after him to begin with. He just saw a squad blocking the road and panicked. The offender got away and Ol' Travis took off too. The next thing he saw was a well built road block with guns drawn. He got the bike back but is still facing fines, jail time, loss of license forever and, of course, that felony record. The DA said that they still could come and get his bike. If you ask him today I bet he would say "don't run". At least he provided an object lesson to the other young riders around here. Even the guy that got away is too scared to ride his bike much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Take it like a man !

We all speed, fact ! It is very simple, pull over ASAP. If you get caught just take it like a man and deal with it. I am so sick of people in this country that do not want to take responsibility for their actions. You were speeding (breaking the law), you got caught, you need to pull over and pay the ticket. Stop whining about it. How many people have to be injured or killed before people figure this out ? You had the "balls" to drive fast, have the "balls" to stop and take responsibility for your actions. I have no sympathy for the guy who gets gangtackled or his bike dropped after he has "failed to yeild". I would not be one of those officers doing the damage or the beating, it is wrong. But I have no sympathy for the runner either. MAN UP !! Pull over !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts