Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Sounds like mine yesterday....spark plug 4 wasn't in all the way :oops: Have you messed with the plugs recently?

A.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Remove the rear seat and lift out the storage box. There will be a yellow wire with a female bullet connector (on the right side as you stand behind the bike). I have made up a wire with 2 male bullet connectors on either end, plug one end into the yellow wire, turn on the ignition and within 2 seconds ground the other end of the wire to the frame (non painted part) and hold it there. The FI light will then flash codes at you.

Two long flashes + three short flashes gives fault code 23.
Three long flashes + four short flashes gives fault code 34
etc etc.
Once it's given you all the fault codes it will recycle from the begining again.

To get to stored codes and not just present fault codes repeat the above but instead of grounding the wire once and holding, ground it 5 times quickly and then hold it.

Below are the fault codes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
How handy is that!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
you know how long I searched the forums and talked with people for this information?! I finally figured it out. Pisses me off. best of luck bad zx12. I had a faulty air pressur sensor

·
Registered
11 Posts
shiggsy i am new to the kawasaki world i came from suzuki (must say will NEVER EVER go back) i have a 2000 zx12r and my FI light has come on. i took advantage of your post with the ecu codes and it pointed me to the #4 injector (code 44). I changed the spark plugs and made sure the injector wire was not damaged can you or anyone else give me some insight on what to do next.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bit of a thread revival - but I am stumped with an error code at the moment.......

Three long flashes then 2 short ??

Not listed in the error codes above. The bike is a 2005 ZX12R, fitted with a PC3, secondary flies removed (both TPS fitted and working OK though).

Does anyone have any idea what the error code 32 could mean ?

cheers
Gos

·
Registered
50 Posts
cheers buddy :thumbup: appreciate the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had and F1 light on. . Put in shop and it was a bad atmospheric sensor.. Cost me about 170 to get repaired.. Now she rides like a champ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
fi help

I have a 2000 zx12r and fi light came on and started running like crap I check codes and it gave me 51 #1 coil so I replaced all 4 and new plugs and light is still on and now getting two codes 51 coil again and 23 cam sensor im pulling my hair out can anyone help

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quick bump my zx12r low end lumpy rev jerky on set off .
Touched yellow wite to earth and it just constantly flashers ie second a part ? Dose this mean theres no faults

1 - 12 of 12 Posts