Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been intrigued by these things for quite some time. From the Rotax mill to the Ohlins shock/Paioli fork and Brembo brakes it has all the top-shelf goodies for a desert bike. I spied this one this morning for $1k and called the seller from the car :evil:
Here it is with my classic XT

and within the belly of my brother's beast

:mfclap: awesome bike. Has more grunt than my XR and feels more lithe. I'm going to have a great summer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Kewl find! Is it a 450 or is it larger? Ought to be a little faster then the XT. Is that XT a 225?

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 605. The XT is a 550. The ATK definitely has more power than the XT and more grunt than the XR. Top-end wise, the XR has a little more juice.

·
Registered
19,234 Posts
I'm about 6 months to old to ride something like that. Ahhhhh.... to be under 55 again...

·
Registered
425 Posts
That is going to be a nice ride.....Ohlins, um - the good stuff.

Can you still get parts for the ATK's?

Nice score on that one!

Curt

·
Registered
507 Posts
Holy catz! I've had a chub for one of those since for ever. Like to finda Macio Alpha 1 too.

Nice find !!!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Cool find ZuminaZX! I've always been a little "skeered" of big bore desert bikes. The idea of doing 80 mph in the dirt just seems crazy! That said, watching the bikes race in the Baja 1000 is just fascinating to me - pretty much defines manhood!

Fire up a review after you've had a chance to give it a thorough testing.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool find ZuminaZX! I've always been a little "skeered" of big bore desert bikes. The idea of doing 80 mph in the dirt just seems crazy! That said, watching the bikes race in the Baja 1000 is just fascinating to me - pretty much defines manhood!

Fire up a review after you've had a chance to give it a thorough testing.
Sure thing. I just need some time to go through it. It needs some electrical work, a fork seal, a new timing belt, and a clutch perch. It might be a while what with my 12r is pieces again and an upcoming vacation. I'm very impressed thus far and I love having the magic button at my disposal.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Nice!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I should be picking up my Husky 510 in about a week... Also looking for a KLX250S to be ready @ the same time for my son... Then we'll be all ready except for a Honda CRF50F for my Grandson... I've definitely got the "dirt bug"!! Good to see I'm not alone!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I should be picking up my Husky 510 in about a week... Also looking for a KLX250S to be ready @ the same time for my son... Then we'll be all ready except for a Honda CRF50F for my Grandson... I've definitely got the "dirt bug"!! Good to see I'm not alone!! :lol::lol:
I would get them all set up with renthal medium diamonds and full hand guards, your levers will thanks you!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
that oughta be a sweet little bike, reminds me of the KTM 495 we used to have, that was a 2 stroke though.:scared:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts