Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my little trigger on the left grip (passing light) doesnt work any ideas?
fuse maybe shorted wire? any odeas on how i should investigate? the main beam and dipped both work yet when i pull the passing light trigger nothing happens

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can hear a relay click when I press mine although I'm not sure where it is, I'd put my money on the relay being the problem but it could be the switch or a break in the wires.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Its all inside the switching unit, so you will have to open it up and clean the contacts.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Its all inside the switching unit, so you will have to open it up and clean the contacts.
Agreed. Once it's opened you can run a test light to the wires to see if there is current up to that one [hot] wire? Then, the switch makes contact on down to the next jobber [relay] onto the next jobber [bulb] and then to [ground].

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's not all inside the switching unit at all.

The problem MAY be the switch, it MAY be the relay or it MAY be the wiring, until the OP does some investigation, we won't know for sure.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
...perhaps just a blown bulb maybe......

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It's not all inside the switching unit at all.

The problem MAY be the switch, it MAY be the relay or it MAY be the wiring, until the OP does some investigation, we won't know for sure.
He said the high low switch works, so the fault is in the switching unit or the link wires in the loom into it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
He said the high low switch works, so the fault is in the switching unit or the link wires in the loom into it.
Yorkie is on the money here!
The passing button just connects up the hi part of the hi/low switch temporarily. It will energise the high beam relay but if there is normal function via the hi/low beam switch the problem should be the passing button itself.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree,the hi and low beam both work im thinking a contact problem in the passing switch hopefully.so il take it apart and have a look.
but guys thanks for al your options,im hoping to start with the easy one first and then il eliminate the other options.
has anyone else had this problem?is it just from washing the bike and wet contacts?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've had a look at the wiring diagram and if the high beam is working, the relay must be fine, so as you say it must be a switch or wiring problem.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
If you have stock signals...pull the lense covers and check your bulbs first...your switch is designed to handle moisture. If you wanna start easy, there's nothing easier than a Phillips screwdriver and pulling 4 covers. A popped bulb will cause your blinkers to not work. No load on the circuit.........

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you have stock signals...pull the lense covers and check your bulbs first...your switch is designed to handle moisture. If you wanna start easy, there's nothing easier than a Phillips screwdriver and pulling 4 covers. A popped bulb will cause your blinkers to not work. No load on the circuit.........

It's a pass light switch that flashes the headlight, nothing to do with the indicators (signals/flashers)

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
You guys got something different over there than we do?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You guys got something different over there than we do?
Its a little spring loaded trigger for left index finger. It lights up high beam while you pull it. It's for those moments when you want to say "Coming through! Get the hell out of my way". :thumbup:
Its on the US wiring diagram, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
In the UK the pass light allows you to have the main beam and dip beam on together while you hold the pass trigger in.

In the US I believe you can press the start button and this momentary switches off the headlights, so it looks like your flashing them. But this is something I can't try, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well guys i took it apart looked at the soldering it was all in tact then screwed it back together and it worked?! wtf im baffled but fuck it its working now must of just been the switch out of line or something

1 - 19 of 19 Posts