Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e managed not to get a flat tire since I started riding bikes, some 250,000 miles ago, but wouldn't ya know it..I was running late this morning and bike started wobbling good shape on the way to work. A nice big nail had found it's way into my tire. Limped back home, found my old BMW tool kit/ tire patch kit, and plugged the hole. Made it to my mechanic, where new tires are going on later today.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuhg..made me mad. Made me want to have a couple beers... :lol:

Anyone else ever get a flat tire on a bike?? I figure I have been lucky until now.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I used to ride gravel roads alot when I was younger and found many nails. The most interesting was on my 750L Suzuki when the front tire went flat at 60mph. Luckily it stayed on the bead, but made for a good case of ass pucker. I actually rode it all the way home, like 12 miles at about 15mph. New tire was needed for sure after that!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
had rear bearings blow out while in a 60mph curve because some bonehead put spacers in wrong when put new tire on.

gave him a black eye and a couple busted ribs. :evil:

·
1,567 Posts
had a flat just last weekend. We went on a charity ride/picnic with a major music station here in town. they had Dynos for $20 so I got in line. during the 3rd pull the rear tire started to shave itself on the back of the dyno. Shut it down and took a look, two nails I had picked up in the park were the culprit. The operator of the dyno felt guilty so he offered a set of Perelli 190's medium compound for $100. SOLD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts