Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lORCAN PARNELL IS THE FASTEST N/A MAN IN THE COUNTRY (UK) WITH HIS 12R. HIS FATHER IS A WORLD DRAG RACING RECORD HOLDER AND LORCAN HAS ALREADY AMASSED A FEW RECORDS OF HIS OWN.

BUT, THIS LITTLE CONVERSATION WITH THE MAIN MAN OF K UK I THINK WILL INTEREST YOU:

""What FK is bursting to tell Todd is that dad spoke to the technical director at Kawasaki Europe recently about our bike hitting 200mph.
He was pleased, but not in the least surprised, as he said the stock bike was regularly hitting 210mph in pre-production testing in France. However, this engine was felt to be too peaky, and also the chassis was felt to be too unstable at that speed, so they slowed the bike down before release.""

And all this was before the Feb agreement with the various manufacturers not to beat the busas speed. At the shows they were saying 198 - 202mph...tying in with what the ZX12R was originally called...PROJECT 320!!! (200mph)

The busa was but putty in their hands.

FK

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
so they slowed the bike down before release.""
We all know this the question to put it nice and simple....

WHAT TO FUCK THEY DO?????????????????? I'M TIRED OF THIS STORY... SOLVE THE MYSTERY FOR ME...... Sorry touchy subject....

Was it the stacks for the throttle????? Somebodys got the true answer beat it out of them...

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I am thinking of trying the bear stacks and Monster snorkle combo since I already have the 500 dollar flower planter(Love the looks of it though).... Whats a couple hundred more for the stacks...

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The Bear stacks are an incredible piece of workmanship and definitely worth the money. I would go for them for sure. And make sure you pump the site as well :lol:

It is easy for Kawasaki to say it made 210mph but I want to know what they did to bring it down, that is a lot of HP to get a 200mph bike to 210mph! How the crap did they do it. We need to know, I need to know, someone find some dirt on an engineer and extort them or something :twisted:

The deal is done, I am not sure why they won't leak it out. Anyone.....anyone.......Bueller......Bueller...... :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts