Kawasaki World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than the Fork Cylinder Holder (57001-1443) and the Fork Oil Seal Driver (43: 57001-1530) - and a vise - does anyone who's done this know if I need any other tools?

I was going to take the forks out and bring them to a shop, but they are asking for $210 labor only. If I invest that in the tools I can do it myself and replace seals relatively cheaply from then on (and not worry about doing wheelies anymore as a cost-prohibitive measure).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to re-open this old topic but i am just about to rebuild forks on my 2006 zx12r too. I managed to get like halfway through the process and got to a point where i could replace the seals, however, as the oil i drained was pretty much a black goo, i want to remove the master cylinder so i can give them a good cleaning them before i put a new oil in. The said tool 57001-1443 is needed now. I am really reluctant to spend 80€ on this tool so i was thinking about getting a 32 mm pipe and cut some grooves in it using an angle grinder...though im not sure 32 is the right diameter..
@ZuminaZX would you be, pretty please, able to share the walkthrough with me too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, in case someone is searching for a cheaper alternative for the Fork Cylinder Holder (57001-1443) then search no further:

Grab a 30mm diameter pipe (exactly 30 mm) with 2mm wall thickness. Using a hacksaw and/or a Dremel tool, cut out 4 teeth, approx. 5 mm long and 5 mm wide.
You're good to go!

I advise to use an aluminum pipe.
I used a steel one, but because the fork cylinder is made of aluminum, the steel left some marks in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts