Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Race Tech for fork spring compressor and they wanted $130.00 for something that will be used by the average person maybe three times in a life time or $43.34 added to the price of changing fork springs, valves, etc. Well for $30.00 I got a great working spring compressor to remove just about every kind of spring on just about any inverted fork from www.traxxion.com

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Looks Good to me, but I did not see any for a ZX12 and it looks like you need 2 people. Other than that, it is a neat tool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fork Compressor

Yes, you need a third hand but most of us can always find a friend to help for a cold one and at a $100 savings over RTs, I was all over it. Works on all years ZX12R. A must for anyone who changes adjusting caps, valving, springs, or just tuning on track days.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
You are speaking of the one for the ZX10? SInce you did not say which one? I have the Race Tech deal and know Paul Theade. SOmehow I do not want anyone helping me with a Beer :wink:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
sure you can buy that toy of a tool. not me. i want the best i can get. i can do the whole convertion by myself. i posted a reply that i would rent some tools if you guys wanted to do the job. makes night and day change in handling. it`s not hard. i will help out on pointers if anybody ask.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,
I agree that the heavy duty shop model of compressors are the best, hands down if you are going to use them or own a shop. But as I said before, some people will use the tool only a few times in their life and then can sell it for what they bought it for. Also, when I said that one of your friends can help for a cold one, I didn't say anything about Beer or would I ever work on my motorcycle, but on anything impaired in any way. It was just a figure of speech. Also the shops in my area won't rent specialty tools and that is why this is a good deal...

·
Registered
29 Posts
sure you can buy that toy of a tool. not me. i want the best i can get. i can do the whole convertion by myself. i posted a reply that i would rent some tools if you guys wanted to do the job. makes night and day change in handling. it`s not hard. i will help out on pointers if anybody ask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys,
I agree that the heavy duty shop model of compressors are the best, hands down if you are going to use them or own a shop. But as I said before, some people will use the tool only a few times in their life and then can sell it for what they bought it for. Also, when I said that one of your friends can help for a cold one, I didn't say anything about Beer or would I ever work on my motorcycle, but on anything impaired in any way. It was just a figure of speech. Also the shops in my area won't rent specialty tools and that is why this is a good deal...
would you rent a guy from tools ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts