Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK let me stay this off from the beginning. Got my bike from my cousin who had cancer and passed away. So I got bike and no one realized a crack in bottom of engine. It didn't leak but when you drove it did and I didn't know. Bike had almost 2500 original miles. I took bike for a ride to work and came back. On way back I hard a ticking and boom my motor was gone. It had 2600 original miles when she went! Rod was thrown.

This leads me to the second part of my journey with my zx12r. I am on search for motor and radiator. I was on the look for one and searched for the longest. I finally posted on here and run dog offered me his bike that was in accident. I had intentions of getting it when I came up with cash. (Thanks rundog) But I was also on search for a motor with less miles. I was about to give up when I had to go to Ohio. We was passing through Mansfield Ohio when I seen a sign. A guy had a little sign above garage saying parting bikes. So we stopped. Unfortunately he said all he had was 2008 and newer. Keep reading story gets better.

So we was leaving and I stepped on a piece of metal and noticed it was the one that on top of tank below gas cap. I asked him where the bike was to that. He then took me to a corner in garage. Pulled this top off and there she was just frame, motor and swingarm laying there with parts all around it. I asked him and he said couldn't sell it, it was his buddys. I asked if it starts. He said his friend got it new in 2000 and it's set like that since 2002. He was a trucker and never messed with it that he had plans to put it back together.

So I gave him my number and went home. Back to Missouri. Then one day the trucker called me. Asked me if I was interested. He said that he didn't believe it had many miles. So I took a gamble. We came up with a deal. Motor and radiator for 1400 I had to pay shipping which was 400. So 1800 dollar gamble I took.

Motor gets here turns out he sent me frame, swingarm, motor, handlebars, speedometer all that and radiator. So im thinking good deal. Took it to friend who works on bikes and said motor set real long high risk gamble. So we tried to get a battery to it so the dash will come on and see how many miles. Well it did and bike has 2146 original miles. Yes only 2146 miles no I'm not missing any numbers. Only problem now was seeing if it runs. Next day he puts motor in for me calls me for the moment. Turns the key and nothing at all. I was like damn and then he realized one wire not connected. Connects it turns key, fuel pump turns on, hit start button, and she roars. I now have a 2000 zx12r with 2146 original miles.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Fair Play,

Nice Result :crazyloco:

It's good when something comes together in the end, especially a 12 :thumbup:

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hey I`m in missouri too.Just to fuck with ya if you did`nt see my post a few months back.I won the auction on flea bay for a 0 mile 2003 zx12r engine with throttle bodies.That`s correct.Brand fucking new.Only ever started at the factory.I installed it but with this shit ass winter in st.louis I have only put 68 miles on it. 2375.00 shipped.I sold my original blown engine with 59000 miles for 500 bucks...So 1875.00 in the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts