Kawasaki World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear of or dealt with this one? He's(their?) from Sacramento,and say they straighten warped rotors for around $40.Anyone ever have rotors repaired?

Jeff

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I haven't. What do they guarantee the run-out to be after they are done?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rotors

I'll email them and ask.I did'nt see much on their site.I ran across this pokin' around in a VFR forum,and thought it would be great to be able to fix those expensive rotors.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Oh yeah, I totally agree. I'll dig up the service limits from my manual and post them. If they do great work, $40 is MUCH cheaper than the alternative...

Good scout work, bro. :)

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Okay, from page 11-4 in the manual, the service limit on the disks (f & r) is 0.3mm (0.01 in.).

The standard is 0.15mm (0.0059 in.) or <.

That is pretty damn tight. If they can guarantee they can get within those specs, I can definitely send some business their way.... 8)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rotors

I would definetely research the process before they went on my bike!It seemed like a "too good too be true" thing to me,so I'm just checking it out.Someone out there has to know how to safely straighten them if they're not bent too much.

jeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
8) Front rotor, #41080-1468-A4 (2001 model,Ithink the "00"& "01" are the same) are $200.00 each through Ron Ayers...www.ronayers.com. I know it's a lot more than $40, but remember what you're sitin on!!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Frames? Outsider, pass that bong my way. Don't bogart that joint. my friend... :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts