Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all kaw dealers charge 200-500 $ for freight & prep?I am shopping. for an 02,best price so far has been 9400+tax(8.25% ny sales tax)+freight prep.One dealer in Staten Island said i could get an 02 otd for under 10g,but refused to talk numbers unless I gave him a 500$ non refundable deposit.Ant ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CANADIAN BIKE

Cowboy.how about some more info,I'll do it asap,is it a problem registering a Canadian model?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Brooklyn... I'd avoid the dealer on SI, anyone that requires a non-refundable deposit just to talk numbers sounds like scum to me. I'll have to check what I paid for freight/prep., the last time I was at the shop he still had a black/gold 12R 2002 on the floor. Or you can call yourself, Town and Country Cycle Center in Hamburg NJ (973)875-2111. They are Rt. 23, probably about 60-70 miles from the city.

Scott W.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If it's a left over, tell him you'll give him $8700 to ride the bike of the lot and not a penny more. See what he says. If he starts moaning about prep fees and shipping and other crap, just say, "This is real simple. You can either sell me that bike for the amount I specified or not and it can sit there costing you more money each month." and then turn and start walking away. I've seen leftover 12s go for as low as $8300. BTW, the dealer get's a 2% holdback when they sell the bike. Basically the manufacturere hold 2% of what the dealer paid for the bike until it gets sold. In addition to charging the dealer a fee for each month the bike sits on the the floor unsold after a certain length of time. The dealer is already losing money on the leftover bike every month. They are past the point of making a profit on it and just need to sell it to stop losing money. Some dealers won't deal at all. I say screw them and vote with your wallet and buy elsewhere.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Another question if i may.....

WTF is done in setup?... when i got my 02' PMB the guy showed it to me in a crate...ripped the thing open and the bike looked mostly together except for the cowl?... i know they do liquids and tighten this and that but what else that warrants this 250-500 charge!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts