Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12-18-2013*12:12 PMshadow riderHi, I just bought a 02 zx12. Im absolutely crazy about it. Was riding a mate of mine's, an 04, and it was very quick. Mine is the same but very heavy on juice. It also had a jerk under 3000 revs. I took it in and it was an atmospheric pressure sensor causing it to run too rich but now I must wait 2 weeks for the part. Hopefully the petrol use will be less now too. Any other ideas to get better fuel consumption? I know they not economical though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
He bad are you talking about?
110-120 miles on a tank is pretty regular. Less if you ride it enthusiastically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i'll see whatni can do about a power commander once I eventually get my baby back. Seems like the guys at Kawasaki are on leave untill January 6 so hopefully the part has arrived by then.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its been a couple of weeks before I heard ftom the guys at the shop since they went on leave in December. The problem is now the regulator apparently. Its letting through something like 34 volts instead of 4 to 12 volts according to the workshop. Excuse me but I dont know much about enjins but they say that its because of the regulator that the pressure sensor blew. The black smoke is gone now so that obviously mean that its not over fueling anymore. Why is it still splattering or jerking under 3000 revs? Could it just be the regulator? They also mentioned something about injectors that could have been damaged due to the high voltage from the shot regulator...I dont know, any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts