Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 03 zx12 Is flooding the cylinders with fuel and getting about 9 MPG.
I just did a full rebuild and here is the basics...
1278 cylinder kit, port and polished head, power commander, Muzzy full exhaust, fuel injectors cleaned and flowed, degreed cams, ignition pickup modded, K&N.
I threw a rod 2 years ago and Built a 2001 block. Using the Muzzy system map till i can get it broken in and tuned. I have not had it above 6K RPM yet. It loads up at partial throttle in any gear. If i am constantly accelerating it runs ok and ides fine once it warms up.

I can't figure out why it is dumping fuel. Fuel pressure is 42psi. I tested the tps and tried a different one as well. Any help would be appreciated :puzzled:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would check fuel system again
Sounds like there is something wrong with injectors...chceck them maybe send them out to be flow testes its your safe bet

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Quite a few riders have had problems with their PC, but with the changes you've made you really can't just unplug it and see what happens. You could reload the map or replace the PC with a known good one. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
sounds like a bad map. for some reason, every now and then the map will become corrupted. Try loading your current map up in the power commander software. select everything at once in the table and then right click and copy. Download a new map file from the power commander website. open the new fresh map, highlight everything again, then paste. send the new map (with the old map values) to the bike and give that a try.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
or it may just be a rich as hell map to start with...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As it turns out it is possible to mix up the wiring plugs between the air pressure sensor and the Throttle Position Sensor (same plug). Beware! This will cook the APS.
It caused a 100% throttle reading.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You're not the first to have that happen. Glad you found the answer and it's not too hard or expensive to fix. Enjoy your ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts