Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long story short my charging system is acting wonky yet again and putting out 17.5v at idle, and 20v when riding. I’ve replaced the rectifier twice, the stator once and rewired all the wires joining the two as well as the oil wicking mod. I just ordered a mosfet rectifier to see if that will fix anything since I’ve heard the oem rectifiers for the 12’s are hit or miss. Anyone have any other suggestions...? I don’t know what else to do.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
hows the ground wires? maybe it cant get rid of its extra

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Could it be a faulty meter?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same problems several times ...go with Rick's Electronics directly ( not from eBay, not from Amazon )..directly Rick's Electronics go with his mosfet rectifier and stator at the same time ...no more problems I'll put money on that one again.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problems several times ...go with Rick's Electronics directly ( not from eBay, not from Amazon )..directly Rick's Electronics go with his mosfet rectifier and stator at the same time ...no more problems I'll put money on that one again.
Just ordered a shindengen mosfet from a reliable seller. Really hoping that it does the trick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So update on this...

I am now running a Shindengen mosfet fh020aa R/R and so far after about 50km it’s holding steady at 13.5v.

I’ll keep this post updated if anything comes up in the future. Here’s hoping nothing does however lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another update to the mosfet rectifier. After about 600km’s it’s still holding as strong as when I had it put in. Just figured I’d keep this post updated in case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts