Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is for all the guys who hate getting off there bike to open the garage door.
parts list:
1 switch
some wire
solder
dremel tool
razor blade
velcro
electrical tape
30minutes of your time.

1st: i drilled a hole in my ram air cover to mount a switch ( using the trusty dremel)

2nd: i opened my garage door opener and soldered the wires that i will connect to the switch.

3rd: i soldered the wire to the switch ( i got from radio shack )

4th:i installed the switch in the hole i drilled in the ram air cover.

5th: i cut out some of the padding material so the opener will fit flush installed. i put some velcro to hold the opener in place.

6th: this how it look from the bottom with the switch and opener installed

7th: installed

now i can ride straight into the bat cave :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

thank you guys. i am glad you guys like it. it is not patented so feel free to copy it. :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
GOTCHA BEAT!

ALIEN HERE :twisted:

I devised somewhat of the same idea but less elaborate...

I took a push button switch and and drilled little hole so that it went through the cover... Under the cover was the opener which I made a brace for that holds it in....

AWESOME PICS MAN!

ALIEN OUT :roll:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOS

BAMmono12r said:
Just don't get the switch mixed up with the NOS
i cant wait to get some NOS but i decided to get an air shifter & clutch first. since you have NOS i will be asking questions pretty soon. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
key chain remote

I got real tired of the Craftsman remotes, they suck up batteries, and I had a keychain remote one that went bad. They cost $40 to replace. I went instead with a Chamberlain security+ keychain remote, very small and oval, and is about 1/2 the price. Havent had one regret since. Not quite the slick one button hit that Dawg has, but it works well. If you find the keychain remote from Chamberlain and have a security+ system (Craftsman, and others), this remote will work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hell I just threw some velcro on the ram air cover and garage remote and slapped it togeter :D My cell phone is attached the same way!

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
I slam the side door with my front tire till it breaks open...it helps
if the trash can is out of the way...

Nice work on the install!!!!

Damn....just got off work...beautiful all day...now it's raining!!!

I'm moving to AZ SOOOON! I hate florida.....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ya know, this is a damn good idea. I have a keypad on the side of my garage, but I gotta get off the bike, punch in the code, get back on the bike, yadda yadda..... :roll:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
blitzkrieg said:
Ya know, this is a damn good idea. I have a keypad on the side of my garage, but I gotta get off the bike, punch in the code, get back on the bike, yadda yadda..... :roll:
this is the same shit i have to do to get in my garage. i was inspired because the other day me and my buddy beat the rain home :) but by the time i got off the bike open the garage and jumped back on the bike i was caught in the rain :( . that when i came up with this idea. i really like it because i hit it when i am half way up the hill and by the time i get to the garage it is open :D . all the kids in my neighborhood think i am the coolest 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great idea, beats looking around my jacket pocket for the remote as I'm driving up the street.

One thing I would do is install it on the left side ram air cover if that permits as this is generally you free hand.

Just a thought? :shock:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HappyCamper said:
One thing I would do is install it on the left side ram air cover if that permits as this is generally you free hand.

Just a thought? :shock:
dude i though about that after i was done with the install.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts