Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not seen a post for a GPS mount for a ZX-12r so I thought I would share what I did and works like a champ, I went with Garmnin Nuvi 550 because the battery life(nearly 8 hours) was the best and was waterproof. I chose this model over a Zumo just because the price was only 260 from amazon compared to over 600 for the zumo. I used this mount for the system (Search Results) (the models are RAM-HOL-GA32U and RAM-B-174U, if the link doesn't work). I am posting pictures for what it looks like installed, enjoy:

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
thats the mount i use, came with my zumo 550 works great but would like it center like sly's lol :angry:
also the craddle is wired to my 12r so battery life isnt a prob could probably do the same with your nuvi 550 :thumbup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
here's my Zumo 550 wired up

what i like about the zumo is that it's hardwired into my bike and it's got both mounts and wiring for a bike AND a car setup.
I used the master cylinder mount from ram-mount.com
I wish it was a little more center but i like how high it is, don't have to look to far down when riding, but i do like the center mount is kinda out of the way.
I just didn't want to put it there because i was thinking of getting a Scotts steering dampner until i realized i gota drill two holes into the frame. I may go another route with a stabilizer, just don't know which one now.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I am looking at GPS mount ideas for mine. I found some radar detector brackets of various types that I think I can mod for my Magellan.

Anyone see a problem with drilling and tapping a single hole in the triple?

Motorcycle Triple Clamp Mount - Radar Detector Accessories at Radar Busters

They also have one that bolts to the mirror mount bolts, but it looks too small for a GPS. Either way I would just mod it to accept the cradle for the GPS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts