Kawasaki World banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks slow, wanna race my old ass ZX12R?

BTW, your bottle is mounted wrong.

No its NOT, everyone who sees it thinks the same thing. Its mounted UPside down and YES still has the siphon tube installed. I only want gaseous, not liquid nitrous coming out and that's exactly what I get.

You see, the nitrous is not being used to spray the motor, its being used to power the Air Shifter and you don't want liquid nitrous going into an air shifter.

I have no need to spray the motor, its making 197 RWHP, engine is built, doesn't need spray.

But thanks for your insight. At least I didn't get called a troll. >:)

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
if its just for a shifter, i would personally opt for a much lighter tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if its just for a shifter, i would personally opt for a much lighter tank.

The original plan was to Tee off and spray the motor as well as use it for the shifter. But I later decided against the spray.

But I agree with you, when I build another shifter, I will use a much smaller bottle. But, I owned this bottle already so I went ahead and used what I had. Its funny, everyone who has seen it thinks I am spraying my motor.

But your right, the extra bottle weight added did offset the weight loss gained from the BST wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks slow, wanna race my old ass ZX12R?

BTW, your bottle is mounted wrong.

This is most likely the reason so many people have solenoid problems and freezing of the air ram when using nitrous to power air shifters. Based on the orientation of the bottle mounting, whther or not it has a dip tube installed determines whether or not Liquid or gaseous nitrous makes it to the solenoid. The liquid nitrous freezes and damages the seals. Thus the reason I have my bottle oriented the way it is, so only gaseous nitrous is expelled. Works flawlessly.

So no, my bottle is not mounted wrong.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
i hear that new megaphone exh you got will make some power

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'm still here, stronger then ever.

No idea what happened to all the old timers. Phantom hasn't posted in years. I assume he sold off that wicked black 12R? Shane/Warp12 bought himself a ZX14R and a I think a ninja 300 but I don't ever see him post online. No idea what happened to him either, besides I know he sold all his ZX12R stuff. Garth floated around for a year or two maybe after this thread then I've never heard of him since.

Who are you, Samson? Got a bike?
I didn't sell off all of my 12R stuff. Just the bulk of it. Yes, have been through a Gen1 14 (with stroker motor....sold the motor, but the new owner got a red hat at Bonneville), that 1287 12R, an H2, a 300 and 400 Ninja, and still have my 2012 14R. Also, still have this 12R:

I also have a mint 1989 V-Max, which is probably my favorite bike. :grin2:

Phantom's 12R is currently for sale. I don't frequent here, as I have mostly moved on to other interests. I rode 4500 street miles last season, mostly on the smaller bikes. No race miles. :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Phantom's 12R is currently for sale. I don't frequent here, as I have mostly moved on to other interests. I rode 4500 street miles last season, mostly on the smaller bikes. No race miles. :smile2:

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Uhhh...you have 7 posts in 4 months. 6 of them in this thread. I have been a member of this site since 2003 (shane661 until 2006).Basically, you are a troll. You go away...now!

Well………………...its YOU Warp12 that can go away now. So I say to you...……….

141 - 149 of 149 Posts