Kawasaki World banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a aftermarket gas cap for my zx12r.. i have a 2005 zx12 with a 2003 tank i just put on it.. where sells aftermarket caps for these bikes.. i cant find anywhere!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Glad to see its in fact lighter. The one negative I have experienced with the cap is while doing endos, or general heavy braking there is a slight tendency for fuel to come up past the cap, I have yet to find the reason but I suspect the o ring is experiencing thermal expansion

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Do you like the fit and finish?

cmg
It's not bad. I have an ETI for this bike so the OEM tank and this cap are just nice to have on the shelf. I've wanted one of these caps for ages but when I heard about them they were $180 and not available. This one turned up in a visibly 20 year old priority mail box with shredded newspaper inside from 2001. One of these days I will reassemble this bike but it's very, very low on the list.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
It's not bad. I have an ETI for this bike so the OEM tank and this cap are just nice to have on the shelf. I've wanted one of these caps for ages but when I heard about them they were $180 and not available. This one turned up in a visibly 20 year old priority mail box with shredded newspaper inside from 2001. One of these days I will reassemble this bike but it's very, very low on the list.
Your beautiful black 12 is not running??

cmg

1 - 20 of 41 Posts