Kawasaki World banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
They aren't really for road use. They don't use dust seals/wipers and a complete set of EPFAHH pads is almost $500.
The ones im looking at run the FA175 pads which luckily don't go for $500 a set. I will note about the seals, I did overlook that detail, I have heard excelent things about this caliper and feedback.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The ones im looking at run the FA175 pads which luckily don't go for $500 a set. I will note about the seals, I did overlook that detail, I have heard excelent things about this caliper and feedback.
Yep, still $25 x 6 for the cheaper pads though since they're only sold in pairs for some stupid reason. There are other options that are more reasonable, all 12 pads for about $90.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, still $25 x 6 for the cheaper pads though since they're only sold in pairs for some stupid reason. There are other options that are more reasonable, all 12 pads for about $90.
I was really eager to run these. They are the same one you can find on Ghost Rider's 500hp turbo busa. The cost isn't as much of a factor for me as much as continual maintenance.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I was really eager to run these. They are the same one you can find on Ghost Rider's 500hp turbo busa. The cost isn't as much of a factor for me as much as continual maintenance.
I would go with these instead:
Fewer pads to buy and pistons to clean, standard disc swept height, awfully light, and pair better with the ISR master. The maintenance isn't that intensive if you aren't riding in the rain/dirt/winter salt a lot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would go with these instead:
Fewer pads to buy and pistons to clean, standard disc swept height, awfully light, and pair better with the ISR master. The maintenance isn't that intensive if you aren't riding in the rain/dirt/winter salt a lot.
Will take a look at those, definitely going with ISR regardless. All of their products are excelent quality.

This is the set i was looking at. Something about that additional piston and the unique design really calls to me.

It might come down to how much time i want to spend on maintenance vs how much of a perfectionist i want to be with the build

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Here are the Discacciatis slated for my track bike once I spend the time to measure for new bolts/spacers. The use massive 34mm ventilated pistons. They are 909g with 5 steel, M8 bolts, so probably 825-850 with Ti bolts which I have already ordered. They are full sweep, not narrowband.

The Stylemas I put on my Ducati are, I believe, the lightest monobloc calipers you'll find anywhere

21 - 40 of 41 Posts