Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you have to 'pay in order to play' sometimes... so guys help me out, and give me a peace of mind...

My riding partner has 02 Busa and My BABY (02 ZX12) DRINKS TWICE AS MUCH GAS AS THE BUSA!

Example:
I have a 30 mile commute to my job, if we both rode to my job, MY BABY WOULD BURN 1/4 OF A TANK, and that stinkin Busa's needle wouldn't move a millimeter! (even if i rode with the flow of traffic, at least one dot will dissapper)

I've read that the digital fuel gauge on 02 are not correct, but should my baby burn that much gas?

Is there a problem... OR My BABY JUST THRISTY....

·
Registered
648 Posts
I typically get 30-35 mpg unless really cranking on it. If you are judging the 1/4 tank by the fuel gauge don't, the 1st two bars disappear early the next two much slower, I am sure it has to do with the shape of the tank.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D THANKS GUYS

I feel alot better now...

If she is thirty, well hell, I have to get her something to drink!

Don't want her leaving me stranded on the side of the road! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm with you MWRZX12...

As long as my riding partner (Busa) is in my SIDEVIEW MIRROR, I'm happy...

I might be a rookie, but I'm doin' my thang!!!

:shock: NOT THE FORUM SPY!!!!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Perfromance Upgrades

I put a J.C. Whitney Super Duper Magical Fuel Vaporizer on mine, and she gets 95 mpg, I swear.

I got a deal on it, because I also bought the J.C. Whitney toilet paper oil filter - got both for only $ 69.99.

State of the Art fellas. I spare no expense.... :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
The bike does suck gas, but. My bike when I fill it (now I don't have this info in gallons) My bike will usually take $8 or $9 of super, CAN$. Now the thing is, in the Spring when I take the bike out and refill from complete bone dry, it will hold like $18, CAN$. I guess the gas guage IS off summwhat, in that it is quite possible that I have between HALF or at least a quarter tank when indicated empty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kawasaki needs to employ some variable valve technology so she doesn't suck so much fuel when you're just puttin' around. But since it's set up for max horsepower, might as well keep her in that happy place... (7K+), besides it extends the life of your front tire (cause it's off the ground 1/2 the time). :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts