Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm after some quick advice on replacing my front brakes after being up on blocks for 4 years, the front calliper pistons are not retracting enough for me to get it over the pits, My mechanic says they are bit too rusted and I should just replace them. What is a good after market,.upgrade/replacement. Any advice or help is much appreciated. I'm on a budget so can't do anything brand new. (yet).

Cheers,

Chewie.....

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Suzuki 4 pot Nissins with the same mount spacing are better, easier to maintain, and bleed, but the banjo bolt is a different pitch to the ones on the toks so keep that in mind when and you get some.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pick up some used calipers on eBay and buy seal kits and rebuild them. Should all be very reasonable. I rebuilt my A1 calipers a year ago... all good.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Advice guys - I have sourced a second hand set from Sydney.....hopefully they are in good enough condition.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Buy the new seal kit dissasemble and replace the seals. Ez job!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Remember that new Kawasaki seals a very slightly tapered so fit them the right way round.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Hey, Chewie - Good to see you posting on here!! I don't know shit about brakes, or I'd try to help!! I hope you've got it sorted, & are riding smoothly!!
😁 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts