Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with changing gear. Had 1&2 only then got 3&4 only after a while managed to get 4&5 only which was a nightmare to ride.
Then i stopped and could get all the gears by hand. I think the return spring for the hear leaver has broken of come detatched. Is this hard to replace. I looks a pain on the manual

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If you grab the shift lever and pull/push without going into gear, can you feel the spring loaded action of the shift rod that is sticking out of the case? Or does it move freely with no spring pressure?

cmg

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Here is the shift rod mechanism. The big red spring is the one that loads the shift rod. The little one allows the lever to ride up and over the pins on the drum and grab another turn.
If you remove the knuckle on the shifter side. 10mm bolt and slide it off the splined end. Then you will have to pull the cover and clutch basket. Remove the trans oil line. Then the shift rod will slide right out.

cmg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
First thing to check is does the foot gear change lever move freely as any dirt in there can stop gear changes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've worked out to ride it now. Each time i change gear i have to push the leaver in the opersite direction to be able to select the next gear. It like the spring that returns the gear leaver to its rest position to t work.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I've worked out to ride it now. Each time i change gear i have to push the leaver in the opersite direction to be able to select the next gear. It like the spring that returns the gear leaver to its rest position to t work.
Did you get it fixed mine started today doing this , curious what had to be done to fix it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts