Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Is it possible to inspect an A1's gearbox much by just removing the sump? During lockdown boredom, I've been wondering about checking it out somehow. It works perfectly- never misses a cog or jumps out, rumbles or whines. But it often can make a pretty loud clunk when going into 2nd or 3rd. Unusually loud, I should say. And when changing up or down. It seems perfectly quiet/normal going onto all other gears, including first. As it is only these 2 gears I was wondering if there was some common part to them both (selector etc) within the box, but checking out the parts book they are at opposite ends of the shafts. Hence I'm running out of ideas & wondered about having a look via the sump. Maybe there's some kind of side to side movement/end float going on, for instance.

The bike is stock & has about 35k on it, no sign it's ever been apart. I want to recheck the rest of the drive-train, cush drives, chain etc, too, though I do believe they are all ok.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exhaust, two bolts for the oil sight glass, sump bolts and it’s off. Don’t loose the two dowels that line up the sump.

cmg
Thanks. I'm going to have a good look at the cush drives, gearbox sprocket etc. first, then I'll give that a look next if needs be. Might take a week or 3 before I get a chance too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts