Kawasaki World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I use my loved 12R (2000) on racetrack only, and the bike now has about 9000miles.

I do about 5-7 trck days per season, and before every season I always replace all the fluids, last year I added a magnetic oil plug, and this year I found this on the magnet.

I occasionally miss a gear (once a day, maybe..) but looks like the xmsn dogs are statring to let go...
I also inspected the oil filter, and was super clean with no flakes at all, so everything was kept by the magnetic plug.

At the end of the months I'll have a track day, I hope i wont have any bas surprise

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
More pics of your 12!!! Awesome.

how is your bike running and shifting?
The pic of the bits are hard to see what it is.
Is it shavings or needle bearing material?

cmg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike itself runs beautifully, engine is smooth and owerful (stage 1 head, 13.5:1 wiseco, fulla Akra and PCV with custom map).
I also have an anti hopping clutch, IRC traction control, quickshifter and autoblipper.

It normally shifts good, but every now and then i get a false neutral (about one per trackday..)
I would say it's 50% bike (the gearbox was never famous to be super precise...) and sometimes it's me (when you get tired, it can happen..).

Like I said, last trackday of last season I took a quite bad false neutral on upshift and another on hard breaking, so I might took some metal out of the dogs (sorry).

Now I just changed all the fluids, checked all and it's ready for a track day at the end of the months. I'll keep on eye on the gearbox behavour, hoping that it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Photos are from different searons... now I got a radial front end with a full brembo brake setup:

M4-34 (with Ti pots..)
Z04 pads
320mm Tdrive rotors (5.5mm)
RCS Corsacorta MC

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Great to see a 12 on the track!
I've done several on the 12 but spread out over many years and only a 2 day session once a year. (Phillip Island).
I've had similar gear shift problems, occasionally from 4th to 5th - so might have to look into the gear box soon.
Where did you get your fairings from?

Cheers,
Don.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The original fairings from 2000 were custom made by me and my father.
Back then there where no commercial race fairings, so we made the molds and we fot the fìvery first kits. We also did a nice single seat tail and it worked out real well.
But honestly the effort was huge, and nowdays its nust not worth spending so much time to build a side panel or so in case of a slide...

I found this company makes nice stuff (the side panel and frnt are from them..)
Kawasaki ZX 12 R 00-01 | Fairing/Fairings for Motorbike/Motorcycle

There is also this company here, and If I will ever need a new single seat tail I will probably get their

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Just had a look at the Sebimoto site with fibreglass fairings, not bad prices, even for shipping to Australia from what I can tell, very tempting!

Even the other site Moto Forza, seems reasonable, Both Czech sites I see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts