Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 2000 zx11 and need to get to the battery but not quite sure how to do so as its my first street bike i kno its under the seat/gas tank but dont kno how to get to it i dont want to mess anything up or take off anything i dont have to or should have please help thx

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have a 2000 zx11 and need to get to the battery but not quite sure how to do so as its my first street bike i kno its under the seat/gas tank but dont kno how to get to it i dont want to mess anything up or take off anything i dont have to or should have please help thx
Hansen, after you remove the seat, the battery is right in the back of the fuel tank in front of your eyes. First, remove the negative (Black) wire going to one of the terminals and then the positive (Red). After that, there is a bracket right on top the battery with (2) 6MM bolts (10MM wrench) at the front of the battery and another 2 at the rear wich you don't remove just loosen and swing the bracket up. That will give you plenty of room to remove it. Remember the venting rubber hose that you can leave hanging there and reconnect once that you put the battery back. Repeat the procedure connecting the positive first and then the negative in that order; so that there is not a chance of a short during connection/disconnection.No need to touch anything else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Take the seat off, remove the 2 screws at the rear of the tank and front. Put the peacock to off and disconnect the hose that's going to fuel filter, you will see it when you lift the tank up. The battery will be right under the rear of the tank, bro. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if you are looking to buy a very good and reliable sealed maint. free battery. I bought mine from denniskirk.com. $81 bucks was exact fit search parts by your make / model and year. Also for parts look up is bikebandit.com they deal with the older model bikes like my 94 ZX11 D2

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI All

What is peoples take Wet V Dry battery
I am in need to buy another battery but i want some pros and cons on the battery.

Sars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts