Kawasaki World banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Vast improvement from a year ago. Same Ninja 250cc, on the full AMA course at Fontana, Cal.
About a 10-15 second per lap improvement.
Notice how she moves around by "lifting" and not sliding over. This is a primary cause of instability that becomes "head shake."
She's much better at moving now.
The first video is after Jake Zemke coached her. This one is before~

Track days are some of the best fun you can have on a bike!

I soon learnt where I was in the pecking order on track days, usually sit around mid to high in the intermediate class. I'm happy with that as I find my limits relatively safely on a track, you have to learn how to let go of any ego and just enjoy it, and I believe it helps in everyday road riding too.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Yes, she really is. She hasn't "hit" a mental wall yet, so that's good. Next up, we need some ChickenHawk tire warmers to reduce heat cycles. We won't visit the track again until it cools off some.

After doing trackdays on a more powerful bike/car, it sure is nice not having to replace consumables so quickly.

Nice Norty!
I just noticed you're in Carlsbad! We're practically neighbors, I'm in Temecula now! Let me know when you're planning a trip to Fontana again!!!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Going to flat track racing in Perris tonight. We'll see if the Kawi's show up. Those Indian's have the championship already sewn up. Much to Harley's dismay...

Meeting in Temecula at 1730.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Doing a trackday tomorrow at Chuckwalla. This is her first time at this track. Her buddy Cat is here too with her modded 2-fiddy! Pics as they are created!

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Cat crashed (lowside) at T9. About a dozen riders went down that day, all on T9.
She’s a little sore as her PPG did it’s job. Here she is, after the crash taking a break.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Well, the GF has hit a mental wall. She hit it after seeing her buddy (Cat) go off at CVR. So, now she's lost interest in the track. I'm glad she was exposed to "further learning" motorcycle riding. Anyway, she is selling her little Ninjette 300 to a co-worker that is learning to ride. We put the stock foot pegs back on today. Now, I have a set of Vortex rear sets to sell. Also, an end can hanger. Thanks all for following on her adventure!

That's sad to read, but totally understandable. As you say, she has had the experience, and a lot more than most blokes get too!

Never know, given time she may want to get back on again.

Hope her friend is okay.

Don.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Thanks, yes her friend is perfectly ok. Protective gear WORKS.
Oddly, her friend wanted to continue riding that day. Her bike didn’t fare too well, so that made that decision easier.
Mentally, she was ready to ride again, but we’ve seen this before. We know they get an “impervious” complex when they don’t get hurt, so they don’t ride with the level of care as they should. Their chances of going down are greatly increased after a down.
This is a good time to take a moment and reflect on just “what happened.”

You’re right tho, her friend is anxious to get back on the track. Right now, her job won’t allow this though. Maybe this fall tho.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.