Kawasaki World banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
That's a bummer... Thought my GF could have a track buddy - she rides a CBR600. She had a bad crash yeeeeears ago and damn near died. Went over a guardrail here near Idyllwild, CA... got a free helicopter ride and everything. Full gear saved her, but it still snapped her leg in a few places. She couldn't wait to start riding again...

Connman, some women are bloody gutsy girls! I have a wife with a similar attitude!!

Norty, your girl is certainly gutsy to do what she has so far on a bike, takes a lot for anyone to "get back on the horse" so to speak, after an off. Tell her from me that whichever way she goes, she will have great experiences to look back on! (not the off though!!).

Don.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
My GF isn’t planning on any trackdays in the future.
Her friend (that crashed at CVR) has returned to the track with a KTM 390 Cup bike. She likes the bike a lot more as it gets to 120mph inatead of 95mph (according to her.)
My GF is looking at lowering a KTM 500 EXC....(she doesn’t have the bike yet, but you know how women can be!)

I came so close to getting a 500 EXC. I instead went with a 701 Husqvarna. A bit heavier, but oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Cat (her friend) has been doing trackdays often. She's usually @ Fontana. She just attended "Superbike School" at T'hill. She's now getting into the finer nuances of racing a motorcycle. She can now describe "how" her suspension is acting at certain parts of the course. My GF is back to riding her Triumph StreetyR occasionally. But, I think that flame is just about out for her. Having ridden just about all 50 States (missed Alaska,) I think she might have a coulpa hundred thousand mile all tolled.
Now, her friend that bought the 300 Ninja. I sure wish she'd get interested in the track, but I just don't know. Wayyyy too timid. That bike is all dialed in with modded suspension (thx Racetech!) It's a shame it's only on the street now.
But, one of these days, we'll drag her up to Fontana, to spectate a trackday. Anyway, there you go!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Looks like GF has pretty much hung up her moto heels. She's been getting into dog training. This is the first time in 13 years that she doesn't even have a motorcycle at all. But, she's got 2 dogs! 1 earned his championship last February in Del Mar. Beat a couple AKC Champions doing it! This gave him 9 points towards a "Grand Champion" Title. This and we're doing "FastCAT" and Rally. My backyard looks like an agility course, sometimes!

I still have 2 bikes in the garage.

Norty, good to see you posting an update!
At least your GF has had the experience that most women don't on a bike.
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but my wife had to give up motorcycles a few years ago due to bad car accident and work injuries (nursing) on her neck. Mind you, she still watches the occasional bike race on TV and still says "I did that" when she sees some rider in a crazy situation!

I still do track day riding, usually with my son, and we are both riding over to the Phillip Island MotoGP in October soon (about 870kms/540miles from home).

Cheers,
Don.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.