Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Battery Tender Plus lasted me over 7 years. The last two that I've had have only lasted 2 years. Are there any new companies making trickle chargers that are better than the Battery Tender Plus? This is for the ZX-12R, so it would have to come with a quick disconnect cable, because getting to the battery is a pain the the balls... Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
trickle

firstly-i cut the top edge of the battery cover-very easy to get to after that.still secure and the modification is invisible
i use an optimate 4-but in truth cant recommend it at all simply as my current battery died while this was connected...they cant seem to recover the battery if current is being drawn[i.e while connected to bike]
i liked the older type battery conditioners better myself-just my opinion

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I bought a Schummacher at TSC farm and ranch store.
Five years on my bike, riding mower, and whatever I happen to hook it up to.
It's all made in china now anyway..... It's rare to find a product of any kind that lasts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought a Black and Decker trickle charger from Lowes, works great!!! Comes with a quick disconnect loom so you can let it dangle through the battery door and not worry about getting the battery out every time to use it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what a mongral of a battery to get to!! TRy a ctek charger i haven;t had it long so enderance i can not say but its a small charger Multi xs 4003 have a look at www.ctek.com. Great plug fits perfect on the 12 just plug in and charge without the bullshit hope this helps mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts