Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought myself a Slipper clutch for my 12.
Its a one off from "Sigma" UK But anyone else wants one they have the measurements now.

Not fitted it yet as its white out side & not sure when I will, but will let you know what I think.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
pics???

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks pretty much same as normal apart from alot of oil holes & the inner springs, the hub will come forward 2.5mm when the bike is down shifted hard.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cost £668 , It works with 6 , 6mm ball bearings that rotate up a ramp that then pushers the hub outwards when theres backwards force on the clutch. ( i think!!)

Slipper Clutch FAQ

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
is that hub billet??

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
drool

Im also going to eventually do a custom clutch. a mix of busa, 14, 12 and mtc parts. the hub will be the biggest challenge, but when finished ill be able to hot lap a 12 like a 14 at the drag strip...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought myself a Slipper clutch for my 12.
Its a one off from "Sigma" UK But anyone else wants one they have the measurements now.

Not fitted it yet as its white out side & not sure when I will, but will let you know what I think.
Any update with that one? Is it works well? Anyone comments of that clutch?

·
Registered
751 Posts
drool

Im also going to eventually do a custom clutch. a mix of busa, 14, 12 and mtc parts. the hub will be the biggest challenge, but when finished ill be able to hot lap a 12 like a 14 at the drag strip...
When you do please let me know. Thats my biggest fear with the 12 is burning everything out at the track.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any update with that one? Is it works well? Anyone comments of that clutch?
yeah being running it for acouple of years now! I did Ramsey sprint Isle of Mann which is only 1/8 mile & a short shut down area & after only 6 runs it started to drag the clutch ! so let it cool down , but it was too late it had fried it & ended up haveing to get new steels.
After that in October 2010 I put in 3 Muzzy springs & 3 ZX6R springs in . I've not draged it since though. after a recent trip towing a little box trailer I noticed that on some down chagers when I pulled the clutch in it was like the cable was stuck then let go with a clunk? ( Think this was when I pulled the clutch in when it was slipping with the engine braking?) When I checked it at home the Stack height was on the lower limit. 2 years riding.

On the plus side I feel conferdent about the gearbox staying together & the clutch at the lever feels alot better some how.

On the down side, you can change down a gear alittle too easy , a slight bit of pressure on the lever & it changers down.

Down side as well you can't "Bump start it" Just slips!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
When you do please let me know. Thats my biggest fear with the 12 is burning everything out at the track.
its being worked on now, all kawi or custom parts, no busa stuff

so far making due with the 12 clutch

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't care is busa stuff goes in my bike..... My theroy, if it works, and its better then what was there, its an improvement. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for your info! Ordered one today from UK 649£ together with delivery cost.

Cant wait for next day at circuit.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for your info! Ordered one today from UK 649£ together with delivery cost.

Cant wait for next day at circuit.
Cool if you need any help with it just PM me.

Incedintely did you know it's Neil Spaulding of British EuroSport MotoGP comatator, who makes them? Nice chap to deal with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts