Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am suposed to be installing the new K&N filters tonight but I am glued to the boob tube watching Rossi and Baros destroying the rest of the field. Who else likes to watch the GP race's?
Side note...shame to see the new kawasaki GP bike go down in a crash.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yep... love it. MotoGP is the most radical and most prestigius racing for motorcycles. Rossi is a fantastic rider, but I'd sure like to see some more competition from other than the Honda camp next year:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys, gotto say that I've been watchin GP races for about 14 years now, and I'm glad to see all the old competition coming back (Apprillia, Ducati, and of course team GREEN!)

It was a shame to see the Kwaka go down early, but I'm sure they'll get there shit in one sock before the start of the next season. Remember though that they are using the last four races not to win, but to start building up some data about their bike in race conditions. (Mind you that will be a little on the small side this time :shock: )

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be willing to bet next years Moto GP will be the most intense year of racing in some time.
I'd give my left nut to leave state side to check out one of these races in person. I'd give both nuts to ride on a GP bike...250 or 500.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
What in the MAB are you still doing up???? You should be in bed...

·
Registered
19 Posts
MOTO GP

:D Me and my mates ride to Phillip Island every year to watch GP live. Its 800miles away. :p
:?: Do you guys stateside get a race. Do they still go to Laguna Seca :?:
I know WSBK goes :!:

As a matter of fact, 10 of us leave next tuesday to head to 'the Island' again. Very much looking forward to seeing team green (with an Aussie on board, Andrew Pitt) and hearing the Priller. Those int he know reckon it is the best sounding thing ever 8)

Next years championship is going to be awesome. Apparently there will be 4 Americans (Nicky, Colin, Hopkins, & Kenny) and at least 3 Aussies (Pitt, Bayliss and McCoy) as well as the Japs and Europeans, just like when Lawson, Rainey, Gardner, Beattie, Saron, Pons, Schwantz were trading paintwork. :wink: :wink: :lol:

Tomas03

·
Registered
222 Posts
tomas03, I took last years vacation at the GP race at Phillip Island :D Really a very pretty place this time of the year and the Great Ocean Road is a fantastic road to ride on the way :D I really enjoyed your country and can't wait to do it again. However, your GP races are much more calm and orderly than when I watched them in Spain. That has to be one of the best places to be as a spectator watching the MotoGP. They show up a hundred thousand strong and go absolutely wild. One of the most fun times I've ever had :D

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
bamono,

I watch ALL the races!!!! they put yanagawa the scrub on it for the maiden run... stooopid!!!!
:x
first time rossie had some real comp this year...

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure wish I could talk the wife into going to Philip Island for vacation next year. Does anyone know how I could get hooked up, as far as info, costs etc..??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Phillip Island

Bam,

I can tell you my Uncle and Aunt are flying out in Jan 03 to Oz from Minnesota for $1000 US to Sydney. Most flights to Oz from the US keep going to Melbourne which is the closest big airport to phillip island (about 60 miles away). From the airport you could hire a car from about 20 bucks US a day. We pay 250 australian for a hotel room that holds 5 (not real flash though, but has its own bar), for 6 nights. Thats about 140 US. A 3 day general admission ticket is about $60 US. I can tell you it has never been better for US folks to come down under. Our dollar is really low compared to yours. :lol: :shock:
I know that you could organise things through Tourism Victoria (thats the state phillip island is in) www.tourism.vic.gov.au
Check out www.grandprix.com.au as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to organise.
Certainly if you were to head over I would try and help as much as I could. If you need anymore info, just write to [email protected]

Regards
Tomas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts