Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Hey Voz, I employ a Garmin Etrex. I believe about $110 from Wal-mart, Circuit City, and Best Buy. It gives instant speed, max. speed and a ton of other info. It does not allow downloading of maps though. I mount it on my triple tree via two rubber bands.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Garmin V or Street Pilot 3...

I have the Street Pilot 3 (color/voice propmts) now and had the V first. The V is more suited for a bike becasue of it size and you can't really here the voice prompts of the 3 anyway. I kinda wish I had kept the v instead of going with the 3 although in the car the 3 is very nice... Comp-USA usually has one or the other on sale... The V is usually around $400 and the 3 can be rather pricy at $700-800... I would go with the V.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit HABA...im going with the garmin...i'm just a poor Puerto Rican in NC...
Mark... you have a model# or is the model just Etrex?..might pick it up today!...how you hook it up or how does it work...or should i just read instructions...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Might want to look at a Etrex Legend

Here's a link to a Garmin Etrex Legend at Amazon. It has a built in basemap, and some memory (8mb) so you may get a bit more use out of it. It's $149.00 after rebates

·
4,208 Posts
Yo Voz just saw yer pic ....tu eres boricua?........Que pasa pai....

·
Registered
410 Posts
The standard Etrex gives me everything I need. Top speed, current speed and an arrow pointing home for those days I get lost just wandering around. Also, when there is a really scenic spot or twisty road I want to revisit, the standard Etrex can take the position and store it so you just follow the arrow back to that spot. All for pretty cheap and fits nicely on the triple tree or tank bag map pocket.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Hey Voz Vozman, It's just a plain ol' "Garmin Etrex" and it's simple to use. In 5 minutes you'll be able to do most functions. You can read about it at www.garmin.com and even download the owner's manual. It uses 2 "AA" batteries which last for about 12 hours or you can buy an adapter for a cig lighter. I use rechargeable batteries. I'm serious - just attach it to the top of your triple tree with rubber bands. Ninja Dude has one and he uses velcro on triple tree. I promise, you will be accurately measuring your speed on the way home from buying it. It's that simple to use!

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so it does not get wired to the bike in any way....it does it all by itself...i will be getting one today.....i have rechargeables...that i use for my digi cam....gracias..what r u and the other mark doing tomm,,,im taking the day off again [off today] could ride up that way just to meet and buy you guys some pabst...

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
You can even use it walking/camping/hiking. It will track you moving one foot!

I'm off work at 4 tomorrow. What you got in mind?

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
10-4. You should come down early one Saturday and ride with Mark-PMB, Roy, and me. We could ride for a while, then get liquored up on Pabst!

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
LOL. I guy who had a Buell like mine (i.e., same year and model) told me he hit between 145 and 150 mph. Best I ever did was 120ish and that was slightly down hill. Not bad for a push rod sportster engine though.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts