Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm Steve a photographer, graphic and web designer from Rutland in the UK and I ride a red 2003 zx12r with the flame graphics and 21k miles. I bought it last summer for commuting to work through all weathers, and despite the salt I had kept it mint, until Friday when I crashed on black ice :angry:

It was only 20mph through the village where I live, but it went down so quickly and violently it threw me underneath and the bike ran over me, then I skimmed a van coming the other way, so I'm sat here with one broken rib and smaller fractures to nearly every rib on my right side :thumbdown: Also internal bruising, bit of a freak accident really.

The bikes damaged and I'll make a separate post to see if anyone can help with parts so I can get back on the road asap :thumbup:

Anyway, greeting again
Steve

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Steve, Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of your misfortune and I wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully you will get the bike and yourself repaired ready for the summer.:thumbup:
Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
could of been worse steve ,you may not of been here to write the post so at least thats one thing to be gratefull for my friend .
bike can be repaired when your ready to and get back on and enjoy useing it mate.
what parts are you looking for my friend ?
i wish you a speedy recovery aswell .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. If I had been going faster I would have probably been able to walk away, just one of those things I guess.

I've made a separate post listing all the parts. It didn't come off too badly really, mainly because I took the impact rather than the bike!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Ebay is your friend, all your parts will at some point pop up; you just need to looking at the right time, it can be time consuming but you will find bargains but they won't happen overnight for all your parts I'm affraid...
Hope you mend soon and give up riding in poor weather simply not worth the risk...bad enough at times on 4 wheels.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello, riding in the UK winter is never fun, I can't believe I'm still alive after riding back from Germany for Christmas in the eighties for 3 years on the trot :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Steve, sorry to read what has happened, like what has been said though it could've been worse.

At least you've got some time to get yourself and your bike sorted before the good weather, if we get any this year.

BTW Welcome to the site.

Cheers

Dale

1 - 14 of 14 Posts