Kawasaki World banner
41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
YAY ME!!! I'll get that sent out probably tomorrow. It's in the 70's today so you know what I'm doing....lol.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
OK Blade_69 yours is done will ship tomorrow next up ((((XENO)))) pm me
there are no more LEDs in my area so please!!! from now on ship LEDs with your gauge
if i have to order them it will really delay the turn around time!!!!!

I think i know why all the LEDs in the area are gone heheheheeh
seems like there might be a few lurkers here watching this thread 404 hits lol
if anyone did the mod please post up a picture of your work
make me proud to know i at least taught 1 person how to do it

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
it appears that your work is improving as time goes by! this set looks like the pattern is more uniform,, Nice Work!,, might just have to get mine out to you Sly... how is the list at this point?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Very nice write up and good work on the cluster.

(14+yrs as a maint tech, i don't give praise lightly... good job)

D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Again, nicely done to Slykitty.

This thread has given me an idea as to another, perhaps simpler, way of achieving the same result. What about simply replacing the orange filter with one of another color? Not having disassembled a 12R instrument cluster I do not know what material this orange filter is made of, or how thick it is. But I'm wondering if you couldn't simply replace it with some blue (or red, or green, etc.) translucent material, such as mylar, or something similar?

It seems to me that would be a VERY simple solution that would be very easy to do, have an even light distribution like stock, and allow for custom colors (to match your bike/preferences).

Can anyone with some experience weigh in on why this would or wouldn't work? Is the orange filter translucent or opaque? How thick is it? Does that area get hot (such that heat must be considered when choosing an alternative filter material)?

·
Registered
271 Posts
That looks awesome. Can't wait to get it back. This weekend was actually nice for riding. Yesterday I got up and got dressed to go riding. :banghead: NO CLUSTER!!!! Yeah I'm that forgetful. Of course it's nice today. Was supposed to be in the low 50's and rain. F***ing meterologist!!!!! Ah well, I got all summer to ride so I'm not missing too much.

Thanks Sly!!!!

Mach - I thought about the same thing. But I figured things aren't normally as easy as they seem. The time trying to find out whatever it is and finding something to give me what I wanted, and quite possibly screwing something up in the meantime.....just too much of a hassle. One week, I got what I want, I'm riding, and everything works :mfclap:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Again, nicely done to Slykitty.

This thread has given me an idea as to another, perhaps simpler, way of achieving the same result. What about simply replacing the orange filter with one of another color? Not having disassembled a 12R instrument cluster I do not know what material this orange filter is made of, or how thick it is. But I'm wondering if you couldn't simply replace it with some blue (or red, or green, etc.) translucent material, such as mylar, or something similar?

It seems to me that would be a VERY simple solution that would be very easy to do, have an even light distribution like stock, and allow for custom colors (to match your bike/preferences).

Can anyone with some experience weigh in on why this would or wouldn't work? Is the orange filter translucent or opaque? How thick is it? Does that area get hot (such that heat must be considered when choosing an alternative filter material)?
mach already tried that couldnt find a blue plastic peice that worked like i wanted so gave up on it but i did cut up a xbox 360 game case that made it piss yellow lol :banghead:

·
Registered
645 Posts
mach already tried that couldnt find a blue plastic peice that worked like i wanted so gave up on it but i did cut up a xbox 360 game case that made it piss yellow lol :banghead:
Well I'm hoping that XBox 360 still WORKS after your little surgery!

Anyhow, I don't suppose you, or anyone else, happens to have that orange filter piece and could mail it to me? I'd like to pursue this idea a bit - I'm thinking some art supply stores and/or sign shops might be able to fix me up with a suitable replacement material. It would be helpful to have the original in hand - and I really don't want to go to the trouble of tearing mine apart to get mine out, only to tear it apart again after I'm able to source a few different candidate materials.

Again, all due respect to Slykittycat for what he's done here. I'm not trying to step on his project/thread/venture, I'm just looking at trying to do it on my own.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well I'm hoping that XBox 360 still WORKS after your little surgery!

Anyhow, I don't suppose you, or anyone else, happens to have that orange filter piece and could mail it to me? I'd like to pursue this idea a bit - I'm thinking some art supply stores and/or sign shops might be able to fix me up with a suitable replacement material. It would be helpful to have the original in hand - and I really don't want to go to the trouble of tearing mine apart to get mine out, only to tear it apart again after I'm able to source a few different candidate materials.

Again, all due respect to Slykittycat for what he's done here. I'm not trying to step on his project/thread/venture, I'm just looking at trying to do it on my own.
its real easy to take it out just like 6 screws then twist the 4 tabs thats it you can do it by just taking the wind screen off no fairings need to be removed :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Don't worry Guys the price will stay the same lol
thanks ZuminaZX for the worth more value
I'm just trying to provide a service for the ones that dont want to do it themselve its really not that cheap if you add it up just the shipping both ways is around 20.00
I would reply more but I've been busy with my new powder coating system
did my exhaust hanger and bottles today

·
Registered
228 Posts
I made a flag out of the front light using colored translucent film.. I got them at craft store they come in a bunch of colors if you just took out orange back paper and then put in color of choice I figure it would work.. I did it on my cbr 900rr for my speedo cluster just cut it out and put it right under glass.. made it red hue.. don't know why it wouldent work same for 12 might have to go out and give it try..

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Nice write up ..... any reason you chose retangular LEDs ?
This is good insentive to get off my ass and do mine and install my custom face plates at the same time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Can't wait for the mailman to get here today. Time for the happy dance :monkeyup:

41 - 60 of 111 Posts