Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove mine, in preparation for Kings N20 kit. I'm planning on running with the stock headers and a Yosh bolt on for now, will replace the system with something else when the funds permit. The N20 kit won't go on until I reach break in, hopefully in another month if the weather holds out. I figured it would be a good time to remove the cat/con when I add the bolt on Yosh. Does the removal of the cat on a otherwise stock bike cause any performance concerns ?

TIA !

Scott W.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I was worried about the title of this post.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Big...Dont waste your money on the bolt on!!!...just wait till you can get the cash for the Akrapovic!!!...Just my .02 cents!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CR, too late, already ordered. This just a temp. fix until spring, I really need to loose the sewing machine exhaust just to hold me over. I have full intentions of a good race system come spring. What's the scoop CR, okay to gut it for now ? I don't want to gut it and find out I have issues ( I already have issues :wink: ) for the rest of my fall riding.

Scott W.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The guys have cut off the honeycomb crap as much as they can then put the bolt on pipe in place...Since you have the '02 it will run better then the '00...Idle will not be a problem...Later

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I can tell you how I 'gutted' my cat. I took the can off and stared at the honeycomb mess jammed in my pipe. I took a old screwdriver and my hammer and started to chip away at the brittle honeycomb. I said to myself.. "self"... bunk this.

I then went and got my drill and a 2-1/8" deep-wall metal cutting holesaw I use for drilling lock holes in metal doors. That made short work of the cat. Took most off it out in one piece. Finished what little remainder of the brittle material stuck to the sides of the pipe with the old screwdriver & hammer.

Then I backed the bike out of the garage.... aimed the pipe at my neighbors house... started it up.... It sounded like a outboard motor :roll: but all the 'crap' that fell in the pipe (there was plenty) went flying out. Rev'ed it up a couple of times and reinstalled the can.

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Hey big...you know me...have to fab up my own stuff...so....
here it is...loud, makes big power, I weigh 210lbs and I run
pretty consistent 9.27s @ 151mph..., cat cut off, tip welded on
and polished...

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GhengisX... I get your point :shock: . It's only a temporary mod to get through the fall. I plan on a full system in the spring.

238... That looks loud !!! Real nice job on the custom fab work 8) . I noticed you don't have any new rubber on the outers of that rear tire, where do you find twisties in FLA ??? I thought it was all flat and straight :wink:

Scott W.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts