Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post up a few pics of the E.C.Intercooler installation I did last year.
Has made a big difference to boost/inlet cooling temps, and should be very useful on track days here in Aust. on hot days!

I've done one track day since installing it, and after the woolich tuning by a professional, it makes a difference! I notice when clicking into 6th at the end of a straight it actually feels like I'm getting shoved in the back going faster! Quite the experience when at the end of a long straight with a sharp right turn coming up!

Don. 20200617_170815.jpg 20200905_101458.jpg 20200905_101509.jpg 20200905_101524.jpg 20200905_112125.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pics of "my girls"
These were taken a couple of years ago, I've since got a zero gravity screen on the H2.
Now I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but I'm tempted to call the H2 "Vader" from the front on shots!
It's about as menacing on the track! DSCF3035.JPG DSCF3037.JPG DSCF3039.JPG DSCF3042.JPG DSCF3044.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,322 Posts
Man, that H2 is a thing of beauty. What a machine...:cool:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, even after 3 years of ownership, each time I ride it, it still amazes me.
It's more bike than I will ever use, but I try by going to a track when I can.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Agreed, pretty incredible. Wow. Beautiful machines. The 12 looks fantastic too.
The charge cooler is one nice piece. Did you do the gears too? Why did you choose this one?
Was the install difficult? Pipe looks great.
Excellent !

cmg

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I chose the Extreme Creations I.C. as reports from a H2 board I frequent gave excellent reports of it. Also it's local to me (Aussie), and another Aussie forum member has had a lot of input into it's creation. The quality of finish alone is amazing.
Fitment was interesting, the instructions are excellent, and the process basically straight forward, but does get crowded with all the piping etc., not a lot of room around the engine/frame, but still well thought out.

No gears done, but I have installed H2R cams and set them per H2R timing. The Woolich tuning was done by the bloke who wrote most of their tuning programs - now works from his own business but still has close connection with Woolich, and he lives in same city as me! He's done an excellent job on smoothing out throttle control. He got me to do a track day with all traction control off and run flat out in 2,3,4th gears down the straight to get best mapping info - that woke me up I can tell you! Then he finished the tuning off by dyno, so best of both real world and dyno tuning. Need to get it fine tuned again since putting on the I.C., then should be set to scare the crap out of me for a long time to come! Pre-I.C. on, by his standards, a low reading Dyno, he got a "conservative" 262HP, he expects to get closer to 290 HP with the I.C. now. Interestingly, while doing the first dyno, which he mainly tuned in 4th gear, he did an all gear run for giggles. Once he got to 6th gear and started winding it on, the dyno shut down! The owner said it does that once it reaches 200mph/320kph. And yes, I'm aware of real world air drag!. He said he was only part way into 6th gear too! I have put the H2R 42T rear sprocket on from stock 44T.

So yes, it moves!

I'm only a fast/medium bracket rider on the track, so not likely to get the most out of it, but boy is it fun, and scary, trying!

Don.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are some blokes on the NinjaH2.org forum who have done far more extreme mods to their bikes than I have.
How they ride them I don't know, just amazing!

·
Super Moderator
1,299 Posts
Don that sounds awesome!

Reactions: Duck00

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep Steve, I took the chance when I could to get one, and bloody glad I did.
It hasn't been all smooth sailing with the cam install, on Phillip Island end of 2019, one of the cam wheel bolts backed out - at the end of the straight - clicked from 6th back to 5th and all power left it, pulled over to see a gaping hole in the rocker cover. Long story short, new cam, valves, piston and various bits & pieces! I installed the cams as per manual procedure, used non-permanent loctite, which was probably a mistake. Expensive learning experience! All good now though.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yep Steve, I took the chance when I could to get one, and bloody glad I did.
It hasn't been all smooth sailing with the cam install, on Phillip Island end of 2019, one of the cam wheel bolts backed out - at the end of the straight - clicked from 6th back to 5th and all power left it, pulled over to see a gaping hole in the rocker cover. Long story short, new cam, valves, piston and various bits & pieces! I installed the cams as per manual procedure, used non-permanent loctite, which was probably a mistake. Expensive learning experience! All good now though.
Damn, now you make me want to check my engines !!

cmg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts