Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sundays TopStreetBike was an all bike affair!!!...Pro 60inch wheelbase competition, TopStreetBike and a wheelie contest!!!

I had 3 runs on the Red 2000 before the 1st. round
9.782 @ 145.53
9.783 @ 143.72
9.826 @ 143.78

Then Rickey Gadson showed up with a bone stock Red 2002 12 with 16-44 gearing and the Candy Blue 2002 Pro 60 inch wheelbase 12...I was chatting with him and talking about the Bear stacks which he has on the 60inch blue 12 along with the lock up clutch, muzzy air shifter, progressive nitrous system...

Rickey Takes the blue 12 out for his fist pass in the 60inch class and does the burn out then lines up tree comes down he goes but then stops and is stuck...I walk up to him and he cant get it into gear, possible tranny problem...I go back to his trailer and he is opening the clutch cover and what happens the Stock Clutch Basket comes out in about 30 pieces!!!...Yep, The Clutch Basket BLEW UP!!!...He says to me,its funny we were just talking about that...I told him that I am not running my Candy Blue 12 anymore until I get my Billet Basket!!!...As far as he knows he thinks it didnt damage anything because it happend at the launch and went about 15 feet...

So he got the Red 12 ready and raced TopStreet Bike instead!!!...His time trial passes went like this,
1st. pass 9.62 @ 144
2nd.pass 9.62 @ 145...Those times were a bone stock 2002 12, except for 16-44 gearing!!!

We all line up for the 1st. round and I pull up next to Rickey and tell him it's you and me Rick!!!...But I declined because I didnt want to get knocked out in the 1st. round and we laugh!!!...So, what happens Rickey Red lights and gets knocked out...I line up and I Red light and get knocked out...I said to myself I should have just Raced Rickey for the fun of it and would have had the tome slip to remember it!!!...Ohh well, maybe another time!!!

I had a good time Hanging with Rickey for a few hours !!!...It's always a Learning Experience!!!

Hey Rickey, when I put the Billet Basket in my Candy Blue '02 I'll Race you Heads up but you have to use the Red '02 and give me the break!!!...Whatcha say??? :lol: See you soon!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ricky is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I met him in August down at the track in Dinwiddie, VA. He was super nice and is willing to share any kind of info with you to make you a better racer. Hey Rocket, I wish you could have seen him run that blue 12. He ran an 8.90 on it when I saw him. Talk about fast!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts